Darrens N16

lol no he wasnt! I was on the phone to you Daz for half an hour trying to talk you into either keeping the standard calipers or going for R32/R33 calipers and you were pretty adament that endless were the only way to go :lol:.

Ok so if that's the case what are you talking about and why bring back a mention of R33 calipers again? You're making me confused...which/what are you doing now?!

ed, the idea im getting is that before daz got the endless brakes, he was going to go for gtr brakes, but swap over the hubs for 5stud so he could do something with the rear disks...?!?

I was going to do it to upgrade the rear and front hubs but it works out about the same price if not a little bit cheaper to do the hub swap but that is because a mate was giving me a set of alloys to do it. but the idea went out the window. also I am sure I can use a ODB 1 engine if I have a donor car.

also I would prefer a ODB1 (N15 GTi/P11 GT) as there is a little bit more bhp compared to the SR20 in the P11 144. also if I use a ODB1 ECU I can swap ECU with a Pulsar GTiR which makes it easier to turbo. biggest night mare is to get all the dials and all the electrics working with the N16

lol no he wasnt! I was on the phone to you Daz for half an hour trying to talk you into either keeping the standard calipers or going for R32/R33 calipers and you were pretty adament that endless were the only way to go :lol:.

Ok so if that's the case what are you talking about and why bring back a mention of R33 calipers again? You're making me confused...which/what are you doing now?!

ok forget about the Calipers now lol.

head ache is SR20 in my car if I want the P10/11 engine which I will prefer with the ABS working.

I guess I need to go to a scrap yard and cut some looms out and have a look

I think only the dials will be an issue because everything else will link with everything it came from. Unless you try and fit N15 or P11 dials into the N16? Then it'll all just be an easy switch :)

I think only the dials will be an issue because everything else will link with everything it came from. Unless you try and fit N15 or P11 dials into the N16? Then it'll all just be an easy switch :)

well yeah but from pictures of the P11 144 and N16 phase 1 the clocks look very similar. but don't forget the P11 144 is ODB 2 so the connectors might be the same as the N16. as I said I would prefer a ODB 1 ECU with no NATS on it as I know NATS can be a head ache. wiring up the P11 clocks to the N16 should not be too hard as I have the N16 pin out from outofsight

main issue is ABS

Good it's still running ok mate. How's the second gearbox holding up? Did you put good gear oil in this one?

Good it's still running ok mate. How's the second gearbox holding up? Did you put good gear oil in this one?

yeah the gearbox is so far so good mate the gearbox is apparently out of a K11 or a K12 Micra its the only one I could get at the time. im not sure if its a stronger box but I still got the old one that I can rebuild :-). I went back to Nissan for the oil. I am not to keen on putting other stuff in as its a weak gearbox and do not want to disturb it too much using other stuff

ok great my gearbox has started to whine so I don't think it is going to last very long. I think my best bet is to forget the 1.5 gearbox's and get a 1.8 gearbox in there.

according to the scrap yard the 1.5 and 1.8 drive shafts are different (shorter and longer) so I will need

Gearbox
QG18DE Drive shafts
SR20DE/QG18DE Flywheel
clutch

so thats great need to fork out more money

Darren

Lovin' it

QG15DE gearbox with XTD Stage 3 clutch (just to prove it fits)
ClutchonQG15DEGearbox.jpg

The Kit + a few bits and bobs for the swap
ClutchKit.jpg

I love how overkill this car is right now. Brakes, clutch. Obviously it's for the SR20DE+T but that's not going to be for while so it's going to remain overkill for a long time.

and didnt you stick in the P11-144 box now, or you just trying in the QG15 for now? The real test would be to see if it fits with the setup you're going to actually use.

Read my previous post Paul. Based on Darren's research I think the reason for trying this is that is can match up with the SR20? But Daz, you're not using that box for the SR20 setup so don't really see the relevance unless the casing is the same as the P11-144 QG18 box?

i had to go back a few pages there as again i was lost!

ed the input shaft and the bell housing will have to be the same on the p11 one for t to fit his block so i kinda see were he coming from - and most prob didnt wanna take the gearbox out to fit it for photo lol

but when you put the sr20 in - are you not just going to use the sr20 box aswell?

Back
Top Bottom