Darrens N16

thanks darren,how does it fasten on to bumper?.......
it is glued on with tiger seal no screws and its very secure. I hit a speed bump once and the joint broke loose (original mounting point for the bumper. scew that goes on the wing) I also went over a kerb once and it bottomed out on the back and the original mourning point broke loose. so I have come to believe that the Tiger seal is very strong.

I have bottomed out the bumper many times now and have not had a major problem to be honest it had to be reglued once or twice in a matter of 2 years? so I don't see it being a problem to be honest

nice one darren,is there any chance of any front and side pics closeup.car looks really well,same as mine except mine is 5 door.will get some pictures of mine posted once i work this photobucket out!......thanks.......:cool2:

add me on facebook Darren L (my car is my avi)

the front and rear splitter is MotorDrome and the side skirts are the RGM (M3 style ones) I know people will say why M3 but it actually suits the car compared to the MotorDrome ones.

right a few updates.

Dashboard is almost out of the car I need some Torx keys (Anti tamper ones) to remove the passenger airbag and then the dashboard is out of the car.

I can confirm the phase 1 and phase 2 wiring loom are different. The phase 1 I stripped from the scrappy was a lot less complicated then the phase 2. the wiring should be sorted in no time I still need to go to the scrappy for a few bits and start on the wiring.

I need to change the sump from my SR20DE as its leaking. im going to buy another 2 SR20DE's this week some time. 1 high port none RR (red top) im going to use the sump off it and 1 low port none RR 2.0 SRi engine (125bhp or something like that)

"I ended up only buying 1 of the SR20's (SRi Engine as spares)

so when is the swap taking place darren? and why 3 engines?

well I found out today im just going to buy another engine (Not 2 just 1). my friend wanted £85 for the SRi engine and the high port GT engine. I was going to use the cams from the high port on the low port as this is a cheap upgrade and will gain about 7-8bhp.

The red top high port sold on ebay :-( for £65. I could of had both engines for £85 so it would of been worth it + I get the cams and a spare block.

anyway im going to get the 2.0 SRi engine from him. I will be using the sump off it as the low port that I got started on the bench is leaking.

small updates
I ripped out the dashboard today and cabled tied all the clocks, displays, switchs and etc down so I can use them while driving. pictures will be updated on facebook soon.

I also found a few wires
IGN
Ground
Low oil pressure light
Engine Cranking.

I should be going over to shaggys to pick up a manifold and a GTi inlet pipe (rubber one that goes to the airfilter to the throttle body)

once that is done I will go to the scap yard and buy a gearbox and rip out a dashboard and carpets as mine are battered.

once that is done I hopefully will grab the other engine from my mate and change the sump and then hopefully it will go in. I don't think I can get it in there before nunny but I will try :-)

right today I had a look at the wiring. its not as simple as I thought. the engine loom is sorted but the loom on the actual car is quite a head ache. what im going to do is leave the N16 wiring loom in there and strip all the wires back to the ecu (un-needed wires)

things I need to wire in
enging rad fan (relay jobbie) (I got a P11-144 rad from the scrappy with twin fans)
fuel pump relay
MIL lamp
Low oil pressure lamp

and thats pretty much it.

I am going to order a 6 in 1 gauge off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KIT-CAR-6-1-L...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a60c03f24

I would prefer auto gauge clocks if any one has any for sale? (52mm)
oil temp
oil pressure
water temp

thats pretty much it.

Darren

RIP QG15DE

right the N16 is dead. The timing chain has streched that far now that it won't start I was cranking the engine for about 20 mins and then the battery died and then I bridged the audio battery over and cranked it for another 20 mins. I am going to buy a K11 Micra as a run around. The SR20DE will happen after new year when the weather is better.

sounds like good progress darren, do you know if an N15 dash will fit inside an N16 dash surround?

im sure with a bit of work you can do it but I got climate control so im not going to even attempt it

it's a pitty it just didn't hold out till the swap but at least you have the replacement sitting ready :)

i know i will get it to work, i was asking more about size wise and how it looks, but i guess i'll know soon enough when the vzr clocks arrive :yes:

as most of you lot know the SR20DE conversion has finished. there is a few small problems but nothing major as I have already sorted them out

I will take more pictures once the engine bay is clean lol.

Back
Top Bottom