Darrens N16

nope :-) the controls and the screen does that. if the screen or the buttons are removed the climate control does not work. When you was testing the mono screen system the other day the cd player was already disconnected then. I just placed it in there to fill the gap for the time being.

Ah right cool. Well that's a better (easier to work with and modify) system than my stupid sat nav/audio integration :lol:.

Ah right cool. Well that's a better (easier to work with and modify) system than my stupid sat nav/audio integration :lol:.

I sometimes with I had in built satnav but I'm looking into it. Maybe iPhone with a display or something similar to a tom-tom. I will see what I will do with the empty space. The space is aprox 17cmX9.5cm

hey was just looking through your thread and nice car i wasnt sure about the n16s before i came on this forum but must say im really coming round to them now

thats pretty cool, I was thinking of doing a car PC with my old aspire netbook that I modded to be touchscreen and load up android on it but they've taken the hard work out of it, hopefully it's not just for isheep

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

thats pretty cool, I was thinking of doing a car PC with my old aspire netbook that I modded to be touchscreen and load up android on it but they've taken the hard work out of it, hopefully it's not just for isheep

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

I will see what happens when I get a bit more funding. I might even get a iPod just for the user interface so i don't need to plug in my iphone all the time but i will see

And yeah my vents need cleaning lol

I was thinking of this. it would be pretty cool. everything that is on your phone but is on the screen inbuilt into the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcggnNVTNwI
Well I scrapped this idea.

I brought myself a eeePC 701 (it has a 7" screen)
I plan to use this as a caputer and interlink it with my radio. I don't think I can sort it out till after JAE but I will be sure im having one.

I only went for the 701 eeePC as it has a 7" screen perfect for the N16 also the touch screen kit is not too expensive :-)

ECUTalk Gauges FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just a trial fit
954d7b65.jpg

1f42b7fb.jpg

aecf7854.jpg

2899143d.jpg

I still need to find a way to mount the screen properly. I also need to order a touch screen kit, USB hub and wireless keyboard/mouse. As well as upgrade the ram and install some software

So yeah so far so good :-)

I plan to install ecu talk and use it for gauges. I worked it out and the price of gauges it would be cheaper to put a carputer in. As I said the weeps only cost me £45ish

Reactions: edk
Back
Top Bottom