Darrens N16

well I made a little vid
The first wire I connect is the power wire which will go towards a switch

the 2nd wire is the monitor led wire (Backlight). I will hook it up to a relay so when ignition is on the display will light up otherwise its blank (no back light)

the computer is not the quickest so I had to modify the monitor led wire to the ignition. because I don't want the screen on when the car is locked and alarm is armed. I also downloaded F.lux. F.lux is a program that adjusts the screen brightness (or color) so when its day time its bright and when the time changes (it adjusts the color so the screen is not that bright)

anyway I don't think I am going to be able to fit it till after JAE unless the screen turns up Thursday at latest.

Sounds good Daz. Can you not sort the screen brightness using the lamp switch?

Sounds good Daz. Can you not sort the screen brightness using the lamp switch?
sadly not as the screen brightness is adjusted via the keyboard FN+ F5 or F6

I can adjust it via the Intel graphic menus but its too much hassle when your driving so I found the F.Lux software. the software works via time and location so its pretty accurate. I also have a short cut on the screen so if I want to turn off the monitor when im driving I can

well a few days ago the car charger arrived I never tested it as I expected it would be working but it never

the touch screen panel arrived today so I fitted it and then also fitted it into my car.

while fitting I found out the car charger was faulty so I had to put the battery in and run it off the battery for temp atm.

I also got the car up to running temp and blasted the heaters and the max temp it reached was 75oC before I cooled the laptop down. I never kept the heaters on as its being powered by a battery I don't want the battery to blow up as that would be messy. I will order a charger tomorrow and when it arrives I will exchange it. I also have to wire in the relay for the LCD back light.
vids below enjoy :-)

congrats mate awesome car and well deserved going by all the effort it looks like it's had put in. That's dedication for sure :)

Right. good news and bad news. The mag that I was going to be feature in has closed down. The guy who took the pictures called me for another photo shoot as a lot of the pictures had a lot of distiortion and was not up for to standards so he gave me the old pictures. The guy who also took pictures from my car is going to apply for some other mag's as its a shame really.

Anyway I have taken the best pictures and posted them. the rest was duplicuts if not very distorted.
_SAM7328.jpg

_SAM7329.jpg

_SAM7330.jpg

_SAM7331.jpg

_SAM7335.jpg

_SAM7339.jpg

_SAM7342.jpg

_SAM7343.jpg

_SAM7349.jpg

_SAM7351.jpg

_SAM7352.jpg

_SAM7353.jpg