Darrens N16

Coming along nicely darren. Slowly but surely.

You do know you could have had a KSport 6 pot 300mm upgrade with braided hoses and pads for about £600 if you'd spoken to kev yeah?

Meant for s13's but same PCD, all you'd have had to do is get the caliper brackets made up like you did anyway.

8.7kg a wheel :O THAT'S LOTS! My Rota's are 6kg exactly without tyres. Volks are usually really really light as well.

Well got it fitted today everything went smoothly but I had to use the goodridge hoses as I could not rip the good ridge off the hose.

I have painted the whole disc if you was wondering why it was black. the pads are only tempory pads till my mate comes back from Hong Kong and get me some more pads.

some pics :-)
CaliperonHub2.jpg

CaliperonHub.jpg

CaliperBehindWheels.jpg

CaliperBehindWheels4.jpg

Clearance2.jpg

Clearance.jpg

there is about 4-5mm clearance between the spoke and the wheel.

K sports are good but endless are better.

Looks good Daz. What did you paint the discs with - won't it just wear straight off?

I painted the disc to make sure the pistons are working properly which they are. also I painted the center of the hub to stop it rusting.

No arguments, they look good mate. We could argue as to whether the cost is worth it but that'll never end, but what makes you say that Endless are better?

if endless was not good why would they use them in the Japanese Car touring championship. also APs are more popular because the price of endless's are mad

I painted them to stop the rust from showing on the hub as well.

I am going to go to the MOT station at my mates place and test it on the brake machine they have. it should work fine.

looking nice mate,
got there in the end ay lol

dont worry about how much it costs aslong as you like them,
they are a very good quality brake ,

you should have got some ceramic discs tho ;)
only teasing hehe

Id be careful with the paint on the discs, will clog up the pads as it removes it and most likely glaze over the pad....

and

I had to use the goodridge hoses as I could not rip the good ridge off the hose

what........

I know it will clog up the pads but it is temp pads till my mate gets some from HK.

also I had endless brake hoses that came with the caliper but I could not unscrew the brake fitting so I could not fit the endless hoses so I thought just use the goodridge. The endless hoses are better. (where you use the brake hoses spanner to rip off the house from the car)

I'm a bit jealous of your calipers...:cool:
Wanna trade?:lol:

It's nice to have big wheels but it doesn't go along with performance.
If I were you I'd try to place some larger discs just for looks of it.

Keep it up!

I'm a bit jealous of your calipers...:cool:
Wanna trade?:lol:

It's nice to have big wheels but it doesn't go along with performance.
If I were you I'd try to place some larger discs just for looks of it.

Keep it up!
Thanks for the comment.

the largest disc they do in 4 stud is 280mm with a 25mm thickness.

unless I upgrade to 5 stud then I will use the civic disc with 300mm and 25mm thickness.

which means I need a new set of wheels. Don't want to get rid of these volks as they are rare.

I do not want to start drilling discs and etc as I am not to keen on it

the wheels are not that big they are 17"s lol

Thanks
Darren

Your wheels are nice!
I'm using 16" with 280 disc and still think my discs seem small compared to the calipers.
It's not the discs, it's the calipers that have issues and need larger wheel.
I can get away with 15" wheels if I make a serious search for different offset and spoke design.
You could safely place a 320mm disc.

The most helpful disc catalog was the DBA one.
You could also make custom discs, even 2-piece design.
I believe you have some dealers/manufacturers in UK.
Only drawback is the money available to spend.

Back
Top Bottom