Fiona's New N15...

have you wired up all the tps bollox too then?! lol

mine's just the solenoids and rpm sensor haha, that was plenty of boring wiring for me :cowboy:

Nope.. Same as you...

As soon as you connect all of them you give yourself the headache of specifying certain parameters for when to turn the solenoids off and on. Couldn't be bothered, get it wrong and you'll be wondering why the cams don't switch.

All you need is the RPM feed anyway.

ahh i see, as i've just started looking into the specifics of the sr16 vvl swap and i was worried that i'd missed something out, so do you reccomend using an SR20DE ecu and a greddy e manage over using the original sr16 vvl ecu?

thanks for the info, yeah it will be a standard sr16ve with ex manifold and induction kit (header is a US word :p) for a year at least, it's going into an N16 so i was planning on using the sr16ve loom anyway.

nah i don't think i will lol, as according to what i can find my existing N16 1.5e has a kerbweight of 1180-1190kg and the pulsar vz-r comes in at 1090kg, that's just a weight difference of a fat bird? and the existing 1.5e from factory was putting out 88bhp and 94lb/ft, were as the sr16ve from factory was 173bhp and 119ft/lb so i can safely say it will make a difference to the car, enough anyway till next winter when it will be massaged into a 2L, and i know i could have got an sr20ve for less money but where's the fun in ending the project in one fell soop lol. but tbh i'm not doing this to make the "ultimate 1/4mile or track" almera, i'll leave that to those with deeper pockets than me, i'm just hoping to build something individual that i know for sure i wont be bumping into at any of the shows ;)

Back
Top Bottom