Fiona's New N15...

hmmm

if they are just 20ve cams 180bhp ain't too bad considering it'd therefore be a pretty stock 20ve, age and inconsistency of dyno's etc. Alternatively it could be 16ves in it and it's a dyno dynamics low balling figure like others have encountered lol.

but if the butt dyno says it's quick enough who cares, good stuff mate. can always drop some 16ve or n1s in when the novelty wears off as it is lol.

not holding out much hope for surrey rolling road being kind to me now :no:

Good results dude! Well done.
I sometimes wonder if 180hp is worth buying an expensive engine, swapping it in, and having mapping though :/
Joe

I wouldn't jump straight to calling him a liar.. Kurt only pulled 180 with n1 cams wasn't it...

Are yours flywheel or wheel figures?

Look at dmsteves 20ve with 16ve cams too..

i reckon they might be 16ves in yours. and if so it shows some consistency with dmsteves results, 20ve with 16ve cams - 180bhp. then you have wezz's however who with the same set up, albeit, freshly rebuilt bottom end, 211bhp. Hmmmmm, dyno inconsistencies? freshly rebuilt engine? breathing mods?

what exhaust you got stig?

Yeah but Stevens 1/4mile times kind of backed up the low power figures.

Someone needs to hav there's dyno'ed on a dastek dyno cos mine has been dyno'ed on one in Scotland and the north east and gave similer results, and my 1/4mile times back up the power if not alittle slow. Shore steven said he was gonna have it dyno'ed at a dastek rollers at some point

i reckon they might be 16ves in yours. and if so it shows some consistency with dmsteves results, 20ve with 16ve cams - 180bhp. then you have wezz's however who with the same set up, albeit, freshly rebuilt bottom end, 211bhp. Hmmmmm, dyno inconsistencies? freshly rebuilt engine? breathing mods?

what exhaust you got stig?

213bhp ;)

Yeah but Stevens 1/4mile times kind of backed up the low power figures.

Someone needs to hav there's dyno'ed on a dastek dyno cos mine has been dyno'ed on one in Scotland and the north east and gave similer results, and my 1/4mile times back up the power if not alittle slow. Shore steven said he was gonna have it dyno'ed at a dastek rollers at some point

dastek use dyno dynamics.

and that one in scotland has been binned now cause it was shit lol

my GA was dynod on a DD and it pulled exactly what it should have... so stop making excuses CRAIG!

dastek use dyno dynamics.

and that one in scotland has been binned now cause it was shit lol

my GA was dynod on a DD and it pulled exactly what it should have... so stop making excuses CRAIG!

ross shut the fuck up, always the same crap when it comes to stuff like this and your moral high ground based on what exactly

i haven't even dyno'd mine so why make excuses?! i was just highlighting that 3 different ve engines have made consistently like 20+ less than you'd expect ROSSSSS

well lets compare this, dans almera has 171whp and i managed a 100mph terminal in it, rowdys car has 149whp and he managed a 100mph terminal, having said that my cars weight was 1050kg at the time and rowdys was 974kg

precisely, that just don't ring true all these ve's dyno'd on a dynamics all comin up like 20+hp less than you'd expect

yeah but what are you comparing too...... US figures?? which are known to read high anyway..... I would say everyones figures are about right.. for a 20ve and 16ve cams 180 is fine. noone here knows any different so why dont people just accept them..

and Jez is the only one that can map his chips which is a bit shit...

yeah but what are you comparing too...... US figures?? which are known to read high anyway..... I would say everyones figures are about right.. for a 20ve and 16ve cams 180 is fine. noone here knows any different so why dont people just accept them..

errm, dans car which seems more in line with not just US figures, but all over the world. just curious tis all, maybe you're right.

hmmmmmm i kind of disagree there samuel, a stock 20VE is meant to be 187hp (factory figures yeh blah blah) i was expecting 210hp out of mine and when gerry said 211hp i was mighty happy, i would have been disappointed if it was 180hp tbh

Back
Top Bottom