Fiona's New N15...

he will use a standard daughter board and eprom chip nisstune allows you to password protect the maps IIRC so he probably just does that..

so in theory how easy would it be to do? how can we find out for sure? and surely another tuner would rather fit and charge for a whole new nistune board so will avoid doing this if we're honest?

you could get an eprom burner eprom chips a copy of nisstune and all the cables ect and download a map BIN of the SR20 forum for what you need then stick them in.. but its alot of hassle..

Jez's own chips and nistune are different, he was doing his own stuff, way before he went into Nistune, has developed his own software for his chips, so would doubt anyone would really want to touch his work, be a lot safer for them to just go for a new board and do their own work..

I've got both 16ve cams and 20ve cams, will get a pic of em side by side for comparison, see if it helps in anyway in finding out which ones you have.

ah right, not sure about that, could have changed to that, last time I was with him was over a year ago, when I had mine mapped, so plenty of time for him to have changed over...specially seeing as he didn't even do Nistune when I went to him..lol...

nah you might be right mate

what results did you get in the vvl prim is it you took to him? what spec? 16ve cams in a 20ve?

yeah had my Prim mapped by him as well...
my view on things...

Jez is a top tuner, for turbos, no doubt about it, for us NA peeps he is not bad, but has a lot of improvement to be done, as my two mapping sessions show below...

went to him first with the following spec..

SR20VE with DE ECU
standard cams 20ve cams
Fuji Header
CAI
cam switching - Int - 4700, Exh - 4900
still had the DE catback on there though...2.25" down to 2"

figure below is at the fly, WHP was 156.

IMGA2923.jpg

for the above session I just went to him with basic knowledge about the VE, comp ratios etc, and let him work it out as best he could...

I then posted up the graph above on Sr20forums for comments advice etc, and went back to Jez, armed with the info advice given by people on there and got the following..

IMGA2945.jpg

spent a couple of hours on it, trying various cam switch points, and in the end settled for both coming on at 4600, apart from that the spec was the same as previous mapping...

and gotta say after that mapping session the car was awesome and when the cams kicked in you noticed the difference..should ask shaun about it, the surprise it gave him...

just shows, with Jez when doing NA, you have to push him a bit with more info, as he hasn't done many of them, and is still learning, the more info you can give him when tuning, the better chance you have of getting a better result..

I know it shouldn't be the case, but when ya have a limited choice of tuners for us SR20 peeps, ya gotta start somewhere...

re Steve at FC tuning, we will soon know how he is with VE tuninig as one of the Dutch guys on NPOC is coming over to the UK, to get mapped by him, so will be eagerly awaiting his results...

see if that was with 20ve cams those results are perfectly good i'd say, similar to stock 20ve is it not.

more confused now

as wezz says, why not go to dastek ???, they have done his old car so they kinda should know what they are doing with it, plus its just down the road from you. and they got good results.

i am planning to use the dastek again on mine, just havent decided if i will go back down to fife or wallace performance in aberdeen.

wallace have a very good reputation in the aberdeen area :yes: and are only 2 mins from my house if you need a cuppa while they work their magic lol

I like this and will use this info.

yeah had my Prim mapped by him as well...
my view on things...

Jez is a top tuner, for turbos, no doubt about it, for us NA peeps he is not bad, but has a lot of improvement to be done, as my two mapping sessions show below...

went to him first with the following spec..

SR20VE with DE ECU
standard cams 20ve cams
Fuji Header
CAI
cam switching - Int - 4700, Exh - 4900
still had the DE catback on there though...2.25" down to 2"

figure below is at the fly, WHP was 156.

IMGA2923.jpg

for the above session I just went to him with basic knowledge about the VE, comp ratios etc, and let him work it out as best he could...

I then posted up the graph above on Sr20forums for comments advice etc, and went back to Jez, armed with the info advice given by people on there and got the following..

IMGA2945.jpg

spent a couple of hours on it, trying various cam switch points, and in the end settled for both coming on at 4600, apart from that the spec was the same as previous mapping...

and gotta say after that mapping session the car was awesome and when the cams kicked in you noticed the difference..should ask shaun about it, the surprise it gave him...

just shows, with Jez when doing NA, you have to push him a bit with more info, as he hasn't done many of them, and is still learning, the more info you can give him when tuning, the better chance you have of getting a better result..

I know it shouldn't be the case, but when ya have a limited choice of tuners for us SR20 peeps, ya gotta start somewhere...

re Steve at FC tuning, we will soon know how he is with VE tuninig as one of the Dutch guys on NPOC is coming over to the UK, to get mapped by him, so will be eagerly awaiting his results...

Back
Top Bottom