Fred's GTi

No typo! paid for it last Thursday, ($210.50) when it was about $1.97 to £1, it`s currently $1.99 to £1, so get ordering stuff NOW!!!!! :p :)

we just need some cheapos for the GA's lol

does look amazing mate, proper shiny, GET IT ON! hehe

Bloody weather!

Well, I removed the bumper & splash guard & put it up on the ramps when I got home last night, ready for fitting it today, but it`s been raining on & off all night/day, & has just recently started thundering & lightning & pissing it down! :mad:

So, I`ve just taken it to the garage @ the end of the road, & they`re fitting it Monday! :)

Almera Guy said:
Well, I removed the bumper & splash guard & put it up on the ramps when I got home last night, ready for fitting it today, but it`s been raining on & off all night/day, & has just recently started thundering & lightning & pissing it down! :mad:

So, I`ve just taken it to the garage @ the end of the road, & they`re fitting it Monday! :)
why have you removed your bumper :confused:

rhyd4 said:
why have you removed your bumper :confused:
The bumper had to come off to get it up on the ramps, as I hadn`t got any planks of wood, so the splitter hits before the wheels are anywhere near it.

Also, the splash guard is held on by the 2 bottom bumper mounts, & 2 other bolts on the cross beam & 1 clip on whe wheelarch liner.

No room for the ramps with bumper on! :(

100_0181.jpg

ramp.jpg

Plenty of room with no bumper on ;)

NoBumper.jpg

New pics

After finally getting the airbag light to turn off, :thumb: I went for a drive to make sure it didn`t come back on (it didn`t :) ) & ended up in the Leisure Centre carpark, so took some pics. :D
100_0229.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0227.jpg

100_0231.jpg

100_0237.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0234.jpg

100_0238.jpg

New rear bumper.

After some pikey tw@t kicked & broke the rear bumper, :mad: I found a replacement from a Marine Blue SRi, so collected & fitted it today. :)

It doesn`t have the splitter on @ the mo, so the back end looks very odd! :(

You can`t really tell from the pic, but it`s covered in scuffs & scratches, but it is intact, which is all that matters for now. :)

Before, original bumper with splitter.
100_0314.jpg

After, It just looks so wrong with no splitter! :eek:
100_0322.jpg

If it`s not raining tomorrow, the splitter will be fitted & all will be good again! :D

I LOVE this car!!!

Had the MOT today, & it passed with flying colours! :D :D

Not a single advisory item! :thumbs:

Here`s the emissions test sheet, does anyone know what the upside-down `y` stands for on the fast idle test :confused: as it just scraped through on that. :(

Thanks.

100_0324.jpg

thats the Lambda reading mate.

i know what you mean about the rear with no splitter, looks naked! no you know how i feel :p

CoV said:
thats the Lambda reading mate.

Thanks mate, couldn`t work out what it was, does that mean the lambda`s on its way out then?

Also (this is a really stupid question), are Lambdas universal :confused: i.e: would one from a Rover fit/work?

CoV said:
i know what you mean about the rear with no splitter, looks naked! no you know how i feel :p

:lol: Yeah, but I fitted the splitter yesterday, so she`s now how she should be! :p

Little update

I recently got a set of stainless rocker cover bolts from the bay, as one of the originals had snapped, so I finally decided to fit them today & while I was at it, I also decided to finally fit the plug/dizzy cover that I got aaaaaages ago! :rolleyes:

Anyway, here are the pics.

Before, very original.
100_0238.jpg

After, mmmmmmm, shiny! :D
100_0328.jpg

Back
Top Bottom