Grivs Silver GTi

Pointless buying a 20VE when he already has the same bottom end in his GTi - may aswell buy a 16ve head from Ireland and pay less shipping and have better cams from the off.
Joe

yeh but i think it's pointless doin the headswap unless you're building the bottom end too - limited to 16ve cams at the very most. I think some have had accidental diy reliefs made that way too.

Its difficult, if comp ratio and bottom end isn't on the wishlist then a 20ve might make more sense in the long run, if it is buildin a de bottom end is probably easier/cheaper.

Why fit a ghey spangly head with no bottom end mods though?
half-arse job IMO.
Joe

well yeh me too, thats what i'm saying - if you're doin the lot its silly to import a 20ve and then break it open and put different pistons in anyway - so the de bottom end makes more sense - although probably with a ve oil filter

If for those who haven't got mates rates engine builders :p or the will to build a bottom end then it probably makes more sense to import a 20ve so at least n1 cams can be used with no fear of contact lol

I don't think I could ever be bothered to do headswaps etc, or the headaches that go with building your own/turbocharging, so I'd just buy an SR20VE for reliable, out of the box fun.

but eddie knows best. so import an SR20VE

I don't claim to know best, that's your assumption... stop with the gay talk :rolleyes:

If girth imported a SR20VE, he wouldn't have to do a engine rebuild and could swap the cams out for N1's get it mapped and have a awsome car without having to spend ££ on custom pistons to raise compression ratio etc which is my personal recommendation. Same line of thinking as Corbs.. its great out of the box fun :)

Ultimately depends wholly on how far he wants to take it and budget constraints... ethier way good luck Girv

i love the "which would be my personal recommendation" bit...hahahahahahahahaha like he has any experience to recommend fuck all from. wow fuckin wee

haha no no no, need to make the car my own to get that, put my own stamp on it as they said :D

Its the cheapest way tho lol, you should just but Craigs motor fella, altho it is a N14 chassis lol, get the full engine of him including the n1s and drop it into your almera, it would be epic :D

Back
Top Bottom