Grivs Silver GTi

Nice one Girv, another VE!

Rather than swapping engines twice though, maybe you could leave your DE in there whilst you strip that VE/DE hybrid down and build the bottom end up to make yourself a nice motor?

I only say that becuase the flat top pistons are gonna hold back/limit that engine.

A set of 12.5:1CP pistons, VE pump and N1 cams and you are well sorted....then drop it in once its ready.

Nice one Girv, another VE!

Rather than swapping engines twice though, maybe you could leave your DE in there whilst you strip that VE/DE hybrid down and build the bottom end up to make yourself a nice motor?

I only say that becuase the flat top pistons are gonna hold back/limit that engine.

A set of 12.5:1CP pistons, VE pump and N1 cams and you are well sorted....then drop it in once its ready.

Cheers for the input Dale. I have thought of all of these options and i think you might be right and this may be the best option tbh. I am extremely out of my depth with the whole thing with only having changed brakes anddone oil changes etc and having Craig standing there telling me what to do when i put my s3r's in but i learn by doing. I'm sure he will be along soon with a patronising comment about looking after me on this build etc :sleep1: but you have to start somewhere and I suppose Craig would be a good girl to have around during this.

This is going to be a massive thing for me and I would appreciate all of the help anyone can give me because i am sure there will be alot of questions coming from me in the not to distant future. I'm ok with the banter etc but would like to have helpful answers, lol.

I would just build this one up too, get it all swapped over in a weekend, with your Nistune already sorted and base mapped...and your away.

I would just build this one up too, get it all swapped over in a weekend, with your Nistune already sorted and base mapped...and your away.

What do you mean too? Put this head on another DE block? Also what do you mean about my Nistune is already sorted and base mapped?

(Too) = I Agree with Dale, build this one up instead of swapping engines twice.

(my Nistune) = That is what management you should and will get as everything else is gay.

(Too) = I Agree with Dale, build this one up instead of swapping engines twice.

(my Nistune) = That is what management you should and will get as everything else is gay.

Cheers buddy. Will have to do management research. Do you mean this is where i will get it mapped? I can run it on the de ecu can't I?

Back
Top Bottom