Kitty the Red GTi

March update

well seeing as the clutch is going now i needed to look into getting a new one, exedy was my preference as ive heard good reports on them. while the box is off to do the clutch i thought i may as well do the flywheel while im that far.

so im hoping to place an order of the following from UltraRev via their eBay store.

Fidanza flywheel (part# 43201)
Exedy Clutch (part# KNS02)

While im changing the above im going to carry out a full service including

Bosch Super4's
New HT Leads (thinking of buying magnacor's later on so may not change at this point)
Halfords Oil filter
Havoline 5w/30

Im also hoping to invest in a Nismo FPR at some point down the line

and.......

get these steelies banded, i had planned on getting them done this month, but then the clutch decided to shit itself and had to tax the bitch too!

Why u using 5w30? Wont give u more HP ya no lol -
Even more strangely- Y Havoline? - Redline is better! In fact, Amsoil is better than that ;-)

already have 3 litres of it in the house lol

was reading in the opie oils thread that the factory recommended for the sr20de is 5w30 or 5w40, may as well use it if i have it. will only need to throw in 5-700ml of crisp and dry instead of the the 3.7l that i usually use haha ;)

Ahh right, just curious. Spose your engine is still fairly low milage, so a thicker oil wont be needed yet. I take it it is fully Synthetic? fuk that shit lol too expensive ;-)

Sure remember the time we did my gearbox oil - 10/40, 5/30, gear oil 80/90. Everything went into it lmao

yea there is only like 69k on her from memory, i never look lol

yea, think its fully synthetic

i need money! want to give me some?

Money? me? haha.. I never have any
Ive got the gfs b day, sisters and my dads, all in the same month lmao!

I thought there was over 70 k on your yoke now. Sr20, milage doesnt matter. Its the servicing that matters ;-)

March update

well seeing as the clutch is going now i needed to look into getting a new one, exedy was my preference as ive heard good reports on them. while the box is off to do the clutch i thought i may as well do the flywheel while im that far.

so im hoping to place an order of the following from UltraRev via their eBay store.

Fidanza flywheel (part# 43201)
Exedy Clutch (part# KNS02)

While im changing the above im going to carry out a full service including

Bosch Super4's
New HT Leads (thinking of buying magnacor's later on so may not change at this point)
Halfords Oil filter
Havoline 5w/30

Im also hoping to invest in a Nismo FPR at some point down the line

and.......

get these steelies banded, i had planned on getting them done this month, but then the clutch decided to shit itself and had to tax the bitch too!

Chris, thats where i bought my fidanza from that i sold on, im not sure if i bought it from ebay or there site. And get your finger out and get the steelies banded!!!

Yea that's were Eddie was trying to get the flys from about a year ago. Never went through tho. Wish I bought it off you when I had the chance lol.

Hi, I know you previously had a sound system in the car. Just wanted to know how much RMS were you running and did you do any other power upgrades besides the BIG3?

Hi, I know you previously had a sound system in the car. Just wanted to know how much RMS were you running and did you do any other power upgrades besides the BIG3?

2 odyssey pc1700 batteries, didnt upgrade the alt

the orion was pushing out in excess of 2000wrms and the 2 jbl 75.2's are pushing out a combined ~400wrms

how much RMS do you think you can run if on a standard diesel heavy duty battery let say 70ah at front and BIG3??

how much RMS do you think you can run if on a standard diesel heavy duty battery let say 70ah at front and BIG3??

Windows down, music up, trousers down and the gf on top - See if your lights start to Dim.. Then you need a bigger battery/alt ;-)

Lol. ive tried looking for an alternator in the past but couldnt find nothing to fit direct. The only option seems to be custom brackets but this not worth it.

Get 2 Big batteries, and wire them in series - Thats how chris has it done. "Apparently" if the batteries are identical, ya dont need them wired in parallel or have a split charge

i know all this but im trying to avoid a battery in the boot. I just wanted to know how much power can it handle without the extra battery. People say standard cars can handle between 500-800rms without any problems, which ive seen is generally true. I know at one point harcore_tid was running 1600rms but i cant remember if this was with the 2 batteries. Im only thinking of running around 1200rms. In theory it should be OK with a good diesel battery and BIG3 but the standard alts in almeras are pretty weak just want a second opinion before buying everything.

Previously I was running ~3000wrms. Power included 2 odyssey pc 1700 sealed gel fast delivery batteries with the stock 70amp alt. All wiring was done in 0 gauge then into distro blocks and required wiring was used to the amps. The big three was also done in 0 gauge too.

Even with all of the above when booming hard my volts dropped to low 11's. I would class anything under 12v as unsafe in the car audio world when running big power as low voltage can kill amps and burn out voice coils due to "clipping"

I've got a video of my old almera running ~600wrms and the revs dropping and dash lights dimming. That was with a standard replacement Halfords battery and alt.

The best think you can do is start off with doing TB3. If problems persists then change the battery. Optima yellow tops or big odyssey's

I previously was running a orion hcca 15.2 off a d5000 but the lil almera cudnt hope. the voltage was soo bad that it wudnt pick up on the smallest of hills. I ended up selling and getting a small vibe active sub. Now that ive got my new almera i was hoping to get a small set up again. I think 1000rms is enough for me these days. By the way if your still into bass, im selling a 15'' ground zero plutonium spl series, can handle upto 10,000RMS

Back
Top Bottom