Kristians Ph2 GTI+T

Looking good, nice to see the Apexi SAFC Neo getting put to use too.

How was it to tune with that? Did you/he use the 8 or 16 point setting?

Any RR print outs to view?

He used the 16 point setting, and its was easy putting it to use..

Its obviously limited to what it can do.. and if it wasn't able to get the Air-fuel ratio to stay within a nice band.. then there would have been a problem, and the boost would have had to come even lower than it is..

The 380cc injectors and Adj FPR all help in giving good fueling with as much adjustment as possible with only the SAFC..

The powercurve is ideal, it just trails off at the top due to the retarded timing..

Ive already done a full tank of optimax, so another one now and ill be adjusting the timing to get that back..

Ill get the RR printout online when ive had a chance to dress the engine bay, and ill show some pics of that too..

Forgot to ask before, you running blow-thru or stock? I know thats very American terminology but i'm sure you get what i'm on about.

Blow through..

Easier with the piping and the battery still in the engine bay.. The filter is almost directly on the turbo..

This is great for repsonse and you can hear turbo whistle and spool .. which is also good

I do have the GTIR 'elephant trunk' piping for mounting it as standard, but the set-up seems to be working fine as is..

Do you have a spare turbo manifold Kristian?
Or any useful turbo parts, as I've only got FSE PBV, Garret T25 Turbo and a dump valve so far.
Cheers, Joe

Joe ive got a spare gtir manifold, turbo elbow and even a t28 that could do with a recon but the manifold and elbow are fine.

Edit: Also Kristian get those engine shots up. I'm eager to see where you've positioned the bov and maf, and how you've done the filter without the 'elephant trunk' piping.

380cc Side feed injectors, Adiustable FPR..

Going walbro fuel pump and 480cc injectors soon when remapped..

Had a spare minute to strip down my old block, some of yo may remember I blew a hole in the front..

Well there was a hole in the front and a hole in the back.. and a nice pile of piston and conrod in the middle..

You could actually see through the engine..

20052008610zy6.jpg

20052008603px7.jpg

dead engine?..

and a few pics of my set-up as promised..

Now has hard pipe for all charged piping..

..the original plastic part was only temporary while I was waiting on a few silicone connectors..

On order now are ARP headstuds, Cometic Headgasket and then upping the boost..

Ive got bigger injectors and a walbro planned for when the emanage is fitted.. then ill be going for arround 300bhp.. around 0.8 to 1.0 bar..

pict0021jp8.jpg

pict0022aw4.jpg

BOOST BOOST BOOST!

Get in there bud!

Addictive isn't it.. ha ha

..Id be happy with 300...

Ive actually got a 2nd block stripped now just waiting for a rebore and forged internals.. but ill see how these hold up.. once HG is in etc..

..But that will be later in the year.. got way too much on at the minute

Was just interested to see where you've plumbed them all in and what you T'd into for the BOV. Also notice what looks like a fpr behind the maf. Is that where you moved it too? Just little things like that i wanted to see but those pics are either too close or too far away.

Addictive isn't it.. ha ha

..Id be happy with 300...

Ive actually got a 2nd block stripped now just waiting for a rebore and forged internals.. but ill see how these hold up.. once HG is in etc..

..But that will be later in the year.. got way too much on at the minute

I know bud, I know!

I had a run out in the car today and god it was fun.

Turbo is the way to go!

things were only semi-mounted ( Read 'zip-tied' )

..in those pics..

There are probably better places to 't' into the vacume but ive just used the upper one one the inlet manifold.. seemed to work first time..

As id never blown an N15 SR20 before.. I was expecting a vacume problem around the manifold.. or boost leak from somwhere.. but nothing.. first time a charm

I occasionally get a little wobble from the boost gauge needed when in vacume and 'just' touching the pedal and when in a low gear.. so will be moving that later to try and rectify that..

Got front bumper to finish, interior to refit yet.. also alloys to chase and coilovers to decide upon..

Ive just treated the car to a whole new Sound System.. pics of that later..

Well in order to finally cure a few niggles.. ( engine is ticking from somwhere, not chasing a cause Like I did with my last engine.. just going to fit new one and rebuild current one with forged internals, exhaust manifold is blowing very slightly ).

...and finish some things off.. ( Front bumper, wing mods, bonnet, and respray front panels )

Ive taken the car off the road again for a few days..

Heres how it stands with the New 16x9 et15 Borbet 'Type T' - Lightweight alloys.

30062008676lc2.jpg

30062008674is4.jpg

Ive got a pre-prepped low milage Engine with my New Cometic Custom MLS Headgasket and ARP headstuds.. The head current is being removed from this and skimmed before final build..

30062008677xb4.jpg

30062008678zl9.jpg

Ive also go a Stage 2 clutch, as the standard one was starting to let go rather too easily.. ( what to expect for 210lb-ft ?? )
..and a New Fidanza 10lb Flywheel.. Clutch is rated to up to 300, so should see me through with my mechanically sympathetic driving style..

30062008681ih3.jpg

Im dumping the 380cc Injectors in favour of some 440's from Subaru.. Im aiming now for as close to 300 as reliably possible.. shortfall now is the managment, but I need the car out of the way for my other projects so this can wait..

Then some track time..

They are being used in another SR20DE turbo conversion pal..

Try SXOC for cheap ones going for sale

Back
Top Bottom