Liams Range Rover

Thanks Bandit :) I really dont like things hanging off the windscreen and wires lying everywhere, so i thought id use some gumption and make something neat and not in yer face :euro:

Right then, its all in and fitted properly! I think it looks pretty good...although ill probably do it again once im back...its a few mm too small where it goes under the clock, and i cocked up drilling the holes for the sensor...

Sorry about the crap pics...
0508201011111111.jpg

0508201011511111.jpg

0508201011411111.jpg

Usman, those wheels look good on the Sport, not the P38.

But anyway, what it really needs now is a new oil pump and a new steering pump/steering box :(

Ouch it really did die on you out there. Parts expensive for this?

Yes it did :(

Went to a motorfactors with Stu today, and they cant even get hold of the oil pump. So its going to be a main dealer part i think. So its gonna be a tad expensive.

I was advised by the garage in Ger-many to get rid of it because its a shit engine (not just mine, the engine in general). And that was a Ger-man bloke speaking about a Ger-man engine! (Its a BMW engine).

Just looked in Autodata and the book times for replacement are 9hrs 15mins for the Oil pump, 50mins for the steering pump and the steering box takes 2hrs 25mins. :(

Its worth 4k Sam. Same could be said about people rebuilding the engines in a £900 almera too?

Got to say you have a huge point mate :lol:

Could you not buy parts yourself etc would be alot cheaper or even a scrapyard if you could find one then maybes sell it for the 4k, then use that towards your almera fix, plus probs enough for a used family car or sumic?

I could buy the parts my self, but i wont be using 2nd hand parts. But then im left with where to do it, tools, assitance, and the fact the garage say its easier to do with the engine dropped out.....

I dont want to sell it, ive only had it 2 months, i bought this as a second car, not a family car. The almera fix is relativley cheap in comparison!

Back
Top Bottom