Matt's GTi

Unbelievably clean mate. You should be very proud of such a fantastic example of a GTi.

Wish we had that colour over here... :p

Got to drive my car for the fist time in ages the day as we had a bit of trouble with the brakes. On a positive note I got to do a couple of hundred miles in my brothers N16......It's great to drive. Just flawless!!

So It's had standard discs on the front and EBC redstuff pads.

Old:
Brakes003.jpg

Brakes005.jpg

Snapped slider bolt:

Brakes006.jpg

Tried to drill it out the carrier, as new caliper was over £300!

Brakes008.jpg

Had no luck, but managed to get a local metal works to get it out for me for a fiver!

Got new slider bolt, £16 quid!

Brakes009.jpg

Fitted it all back together:

Brakes010.jpg

Brakes011.jpg

It's sooooo much better, just done a hundred easyish miles the day to bed them in.

Get new disc and mintex pads on the rear the morn hopefully.

And desperately need to make a trip up to Tranent to visit Zeninblackgti(Innes)!!:whistling:

well done on the repair mate! saved yourself a fortune there, though you could have gotten one from a scrappy/breakers for a hell of a lot less than £300 surely?

well done on the repair mate! saved yourself a fortune there, though you could have gotten one from a scrappy/breakers for a hell of a lot less than £300 surely?

In my experience of scrappies, the parts they offer are usually corroded to hell or last a couple of months before failing. When it comes to brakes, you can't beat buying new if you have the money.

rough call matey, common issues though. this happen to sneds (paul) and we managed to hammer the slider bolt out with the caliper bolted in place. then brought used slider bolts of stufa and all was well again.

No trouble with mine the other day. Import win haha.

Nah glad you sorted it mate, you should see how much grease I put on my sliders lol. It was oozing out

Steve

The Love is Back!!!

I'd been getting fed up lately with the car and not being able to keep it clean. But I just got my finger out and done something about it.

These are the things i used;

Daisy APC
Tardis
BTBM
Grout Sponge
Fine Clay
Optimum Quick Detailer
Drying Towel
Car Lack 68 Nano
AG SRP
DJ Blue Velvet Pro Edition
Collinite 476
AG Vinyl and Rubber Care
CG New Look Trim and Tyre Gel
Various MF cloths
Various Applicators
Brushes
Hose

Some before pics;

AlmeraGTiDetail009.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail008.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail006.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail010.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail005.jpg

I started off by rinsing the wheels and applying APC 10:1 and agitating with a brush. And sprayed arches with tardis.
AlmeraGTiDetail022.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail012.jpg

Rinsed car down with hose, filled one bucket with some warm water added BTBM then topped up with cold water. Filled rinse bucket with cold water.
AlmeraGTiDetail011.jpg

Washed car using grout sponge.
AlmeraGTiDetail024.jpg

Got into the door seals, handles, badges and petrol cap with brush and APC 10:1.
AlmeraGTiDetail026.jpg

Rinsed and found that the previous application of Collinite 476, before the winter was still beading.
AlmeraGTiDetail029.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail030.jpg

The weather has taken it's toll and a few tar spots were on the car. I got the Tardis out again and applied this and left it to do it's stuff. Then wiped it off with a MF cloth.
AlmeraGTiDetail027.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail028.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail031.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail032.jpg

I then clayed the car using a fine Clay and some heavily diluted BTBM as lubrication.
AlmeraGTiDetail033.jpg

Washed the car using 2BM again. Dried using drying towel and a little Optimum Quick Detailer.
AlmeraGTiDetail034.jpg

Then I applied Car Lack 68 Nano with the supplied applicator and buffed off. I forgot how good this is. Haven't used it for a while now. But glad I did today.
AlmeraGTiDetail037.jpg

AG SRP then followed.
AlmeraGTiDetail044.jpg

And finished off with DJ Blue Velvet Pro Edition, This was the first time I used this after getting it form Total Nissan Magazine for being there "Hot Pick" in the December Issue. I wanted to put two coats on but ran out of time. First time I've used a DJ wax and it was easy to get on with.
AlmeraGTiDetail047.jpg

Then put AG Vinyl Rubber Care on the arches and Collinite 476 onto the wheels.
AlmeraGTiDetail048.jpg

CG NLTG was applied to the handles, bump strips, tyres and wing mirror base plates.
AlmeraGTiDetail053.jpg

I also used a Autosmart mug, a kettle and Earl Grey Tea bag. Which was almost as essential as a MF cloth to me.:thumb:
AlmeraGTiDetail080.jpg

After Pics;
AlmeraGTiDetail050.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail072.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail052.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail054.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail073.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail074.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail055.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail066.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail069.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail070.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail071.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail075.jpg

AlmeraGTiDetail076.jpg

Unfortunately I ran out of time, light and warmth to to the glass and door shuts.

Things on the list to get are

PW (nilfisk c120 or e130 if funds allow)
Foam Lance and Magifoam (autobrite)
Wheels cleaner - ran out:(

Sorry for the rather long post.:wave:

Looks like you have done a fantastic job i have no idea` what all these products you are using are! I just just triplewax car shampoo and meguires polish! Will someone help me use the right gear?

matt! i love you man!

i take it your misses let you have the day off! ;)
that is fantastic, :)
you should open your own cleaning/detailing business!

how much would youcharge for that?

stu

Back
Top Bottom