Miriam and Stevo (B1 and B2 gone)

Its my girlfriends now but she doesnt do the internet forum thing (Its outlasted all my cars despite having gone through 4 front ends and covered 205,000 miles), I used to have a black GTi called Gizmo that I rebuilt with my friends' help but sold it to WillMenz after I entered the real world of taxation and rent.

The rattle was mainly on idle, constant clattering, jangling. I still have a small rattle from the backbox but thats because of the tip vibrating against the pipe.

Thing is it hasnt been washed in weeks! This colour is amazing! Obviously having a black car you know the heartache that goes with it.

B1, newest addition to the fleet (Currently made up of my SRi, Dads GTi, Tashas GTi and this one).
Picked it up this morning via low loader, objective is to fix it up and sell for cashmonies to reinvest in another to fix up/break etc etc.
It had been standing since feb but started first time with a small battery boost, timing chain rattle on startup but thats normal.
Utterly filthy, right side covered in bird poo. Thankfully though it seems most of the hard work has been done, it's just elbow grease (And copper grease) needed.
Image016.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

After god knows how many bucketfuls of water and shampoo and a lot of scrubbing.
Image019.jpg

A coat of wax - only did the bonnet, door and wing for now but better than nowt, the whole lot needs buffing and polishing really to get rid of swirl city.
Image020.jpg

I've got a definate budget in mind so here's hoping it goes well.

Sweet. Good to see restoration and not breaking, GTi's will run out without this.

It looks like the highest GTi i've ever seen in my life btw over the front wheel!

You should find the perfect shell. Really awesome. The perfect engine. And build the best, cleanest and most awesome Almera you can from all the different cars. It would be like the new, the holy grail.

I tried that before with my black P1 GTi 'Gizmo'. It didnt go so well.

B1 isnt for keeps, its purely a fix and sell/break and sell project.

Horrific weekend of smudged paint, hairs in paint, metallic flake turning, thinners spilling, metal creasing, glue and paint not drying, things not working, tyres going flat, traffic hell, getting kicked out of nightclubs, rain, wind, cold ERGH.

Pics to follow.

On the plus side, non rusty front wings, sideskirts, and redone rear arches HOLLA

Just needs some rattlecan til mr quicky gets his new workshop up and running :)

Me? 2 almeras (I've had 6 though).

Right lets have some pictars, firstly of Merlin (Hallys old GTi, now owned by father B)
With new rear lights
Image058.jpg

Sexy front end
Image057.jpg

No rust FTW - not bad for a first attempt!
Image059.jpg

Debadged
DSC00208.jpg

A picture of myself as a bear holding a toothbrush at work today
Image061.jpg

Onto miriam, the disastrous weekend did have a lot of highlights!
Wayne at work (Couldnt get the micra or 200sx off the drive so couldnt get into the garage - caused problems later on - especially now the paint hasnt fully set and some twat has poked it (Not Wezz, someone else again)
Image026.jpg

Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

Old wings - FLAT EM OUT!
Image028.jpg

Image036.jpg

New wings
Image032.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image046.jpg

Another fail of the weekend - one of the rear quarters has been badly damaged and rebuilt with filler without the rust being treated properly, this added about 4 hours on
Image029.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image045.jpg

Then, fitting the sideskirts, wayne slipped over and SPLAT, OH NOES!
Image048.jpg

Wayne has very graciously offered to fix it up when the new workshop is up and running, so it'll be rattlecanned for the time being along with the other side, no rust though :)

But then... I see the light(S)
Image049.jpg

Image050.jpg

Image055.jpg

Image060.jpg

Back
Top Bottom