Miriam and Stevo (B1 and B2 gone)

wow, didn't realise those rear lights looked so good - until you took them off the gti!!! I think my 'new ones' should be completely blacked out now to complete the stealth look..
JFL - Just Friggin' Laugh meets DFA Don't Friggin Ask... At least the weekend'll give you some war stories...

I can imagine it now - Oh how we'll laugh when we reminisce about the good old days of undryable paint and hijacking my rear lights and getting kicked out of night clubs ... awesome! just wish I'd been there to see the nightclub part! yeehah!

Yeah half tinted is better than full tinted - tasha used to have fully tinted lights before the P2 ones off nymo, much prefer the red/black of the half tints. Reckon removal of the nissan badge would look good once you get a punto wiper!

I love the look the spats and skirts have given the car! It looks a lot bigger now!

hmmmm......

grids.jpg

Excellent job!

I wish I could just pull mine apart like that and do everything myself rather than sending it to a garage all the time.
I am dying to get rid of all the rust on and it had only just been resprayed last year...:(
I've got a multi-coloured red car now lol

Not so keen corbs. Gunmetal? The dirty silver in the original pics looks kinda cool :lol:, maybe try hyperblack as it gives it a nice metalic gunmetal finish.

JFL - Just Friggin' Laugh meets DFA Don't Friggin Ask...

Whenever I have to quote my reg I always get the '9 to 5, what a way to make a living' song stuck in my head.

Not so keen corbs. Gunmetal? The dirty silver in the original pics looks kinda cool :lol:, maybe try hyperblack as it gives it a nice metalic gunmetal finish.

Possibly, or dark bronze?

Nice effort on the blue car, looks very tasty. Especially that incredibly sexy badge on the grille

You knows it! I may be the only person rocking a P1 grille soon :lol:

not sure about losing the nissan badge, will have a bit more of a think. When we get around to building a custom from the ground up I really want it in matt black to match the Defender, that way I never have to wash it!! Same applies to wheels - matt black (or just nick the black and reds off Miriam), although I fancy 1 inch wider tyres on the back for the concept car.
Miriam looks great with the skirt...

You trying to turn it into a stealth machine? :)

Attachments

• defender.jpg
    defender.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 6
Extended wheel studs and spacers would be better for the back, and on the front to fit wider tyres like raceworx has done (Being FWD, you dont really want the trailing wheels to be wider than the driving wheels).

I think matt black GTi wheels wouldnt look so bad either.

Ooo John get yourself a Navara to play about with :D

Attachments

• Photo0275.jpg
    Photo0275.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 13
what, and miss out on the agricultural bone shaking, spine crushing, claustrophobic boom box experience of the defender... you can't be serious! The Defender is ex LR Special Vehicles and I had an Allard motorsports inter-cooler fitted, so it's just relentless on torque and its got a bunch of bolt ons - just couldn't part with it I'm afraid.

what, and miss out on the agricultural bone shaking, spine crushing, claustrophobic boom box experience of the defender... you can't be serious! The Defender is ex LR Special Vehicles and I had an Allard motorsports inter-cooler fitted, so it's just relentless on torque and its got a bunch of bolt ons - just couldn't part with it I'm afraid.

Not to mention the 'air conditioning' (The flaps under the windscreen) and 'in car entertainment' (Purely to overcome road noise) on the defender haha.

That navara does look pretty awesome though.

Forgot to post these pics up of work in progress on the de-rust.
DSC00177.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

First coat, not the final product
DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

I havent got any decent pics of the end result yet.

Everyone is so scared of doing their arches, a days work or terminal rust, hmmm

Back
Top Bottom