My Almera 1.4 - total overhaul

I pulled it off and ripped it open a while back, nice little puddle of oil in it, so it must have done something. I'm going to make something a bit better a bit later on.

Alright...more progress :D

Cylinder head off, and with a surprise :rolleyes:

p1000646los.jpg

I took a pic of the gasket on white background cuz I'm not sure but it seems the cooling lines are clogged, so are they? :D
p1000649i.jpg

p1000650y.jpg

Fuked up tapping on spark plug as mentioned before...
p1000651t.jpg

Oil sump out :P
p1000652h.jpg

One more thing how to loosen the crankshaft pulley? :cool:

Cheers
Mark

Sooo, any idea how to loosen the crank pulley? I don't have any info in my manual and would like to do it without any damage to the engine :D

Cheers.

I'll have a look in the haynes manual a bit later for you mate.

Cheers mate but I already did it :P...

I put the block on the flywheel so the crank couldn't move...and then I loosened it with a 27 socket and a hammer :D

Then I found out a nice way to get the fly off, I had the oil sump off so I put a plank in the way of the crank and conrod...so it was locked in one way...and loosened the fly :cool:

Might I add that the flywheel is fucking heavy :D...gonna get it lightened on a turner, I think I can grind away some from behind the fly.

And I managed to chip away some corners from my crank pulley...even with a rubber hammer :eek:...guess I'll need a new one LOL.

Alright...new updates :)
I decided to do bodywork on my car, I'll leave the engine on the next month.

How the engine looks now :D
p1000653k.jpg

p1000654n.jpg

p1000662w.jpg

Stripping :rolleyes:
p1000655x.jpg

Bumpers...
p1000656x.jpg

And this is what I got today :D :D
p1000661k.jpg

Matte red color FTW!!!...hope 5litres will do :rolleyes:

I'm about to do my sills, will do pics of before and after...gonna weld a new metal sheet...zinc-ed :D
If all goes well I hope to do red base coat in the end of this week...

Where on Gods earth did you find that textured GTi type bumper? I want one for my next car!

Top work, good progress mush.

Sill destruction!!! :D

The left one looks nice...
p1000663y.jpg

screwdriver test...
p1000665.jpg

bummer...:rasp:

Ok eat grinder!!!
p1000667u.jpg

Much better :P
this was my left sill...
p1000666.jpg

My right is not done yet...only made this one...but the right one will be much worse..oh boy :(

Dude, i love the work! Squeeze as much as u can out of that GA without any blow-help :-) Like the progress!

R u going to do the interior stock? "

cheers guys,

bout the interior Imma do it whole custom...but thats far away from now...

and I don't have a spare bench to put all that crap there...but believe me it's organized...still dirty from oil tho :D

Back
Top Bottom