My Almera 1.4 - total overhaul

Just recieved one piston I gave to ultra-sound clean...and ooooh boy does it look great...

p1000705x.jpg

p1000707.jpg

p1000711p.jpg

p1000710v.jpg

Also bought a torque wrench 10-100Nm...160 euro...ouch!

Engine build here I come!!! :D

Too bad u leaving the GA club :D but at least you going the smart way :cool:

thanks mate

It's black....but the paint is made to last 650 degrees so guess thats why it has this nice finish...even feels like sandpaper when you rub it...made for stoves and shit like that

stevenc used that stuff, it started to come off when he pressure washed it

I think it's different paint tho. The halfords heat paint I have too and it comes out metallic grey. Mark's seems to be more black.

I never wash my engine w/ pressure washers...so I'm good I guess. The paint holds nicely and even if it would come off I can always respay it.

After I done it it looked like the plastic cover that some GA vct's have, but I like the outcome :D

Already started to assemble the engine, the crank is done, now I have to wait untill my other 3 pistons are cleaned. Only thing I need now is a new clutch, thought I would get exedy oem one but no luck, any reccomendations? up to 70quid or so

coming along nicely!!

good work, very impressed. :D

thanks, not many girls are impressed with my hobby :rolleyes:

whenever I mention this to a chick at a club she be like: ...uh, and you got oil behind your finger nails
Me: yeah...ain't it macho? :cool:

They usually say no lol

with help from my dad to undo tight bolts (im weak) i done the bottom end bearings on my gti, that was really interesting seeing inside the engine, me and my dad were suprised how clean it was inside.

i have to put up with my bf having oil under his nails after he comes back from work, i have to remind him that it looks horrible and dirty, lol, i bite mine off so i cant get oil underneath mine, lol.

isnt it mosts peoples hobby on AOC? after all thats why were on here :D

with help from my dad to undo tight bolts (im weak) i done the bottom end bearings on my gti, that was really interesting seeing inside the engine, me and my dad were suprised how clean it was inside.

i have to put up with my bf having oil under his nails after he comes back from work, i have to remind him that it looks horrible and dirty, lol, i bite mine off so i cant get oil underneath mine, lol.

isnt it mosts peoples hobby on AOC? after all thats why were on here :D

you probably found a nice engine...mine was fooooking dirty

make him use latex gloves, it helps but I don't wear them cuz luckily I don't have a gf atm...WIN!!!

BTW...in case you didn't know...
fingernail-clippers-100301.jpg

you should really use this, leave your teeth for food ;)

my hobby is getting oil under my nails...not everyone here is for this purpose... :D

yeah kez, biting your nails is a pretty mingin habit.

mark do you get VCT GA16's over there?

as for clutches,

www.eurocarparts.com do exedy ones for £52, just have to see if they will ship to you

cheers for the link mate will try...

no VCT GA's here...come to think of it even meras with GA16 are rare as fuck...

don't know why but we only have GA14's with the special 55kW (75HP) these were from germany downgraded for cheaper tax, then the classic 64kW (86HP) which luckily I bought :P
really rare Ga16's which were also the german ones 66kW (90hp)...I never saw a 75kW(100HP) mera here...
and a couple of GTi's quite rare and expencive...hope u get the picture :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom