My GA18DE+T

What's the deal with this intake then - what makes it better than the UKDM intake Ross ?

DSC02381.jpg

the item on the left hand side is the stock GA16 UKDM manifold, as you can see, its fairly crap design. geared at economy with a 2" throttlebody.

also the USDM manifold takes SR20DE/T injectors as standard and can be ported out to take an SR20 throttlebody. :D

worse case scenario, set the butterfly slightly open to rev at 1000rpm, i believe dale did this when he fitted his sr20 tb.

i'll get your fuel rail out to you next week paul :D

thing is he never sent an FPR with it, dont suppose thats a problem since you will be using your AFPR anyway yeah?

I'd like that^. The GA16DE won't move below 3500revs at all. Sometimes even in normal driving it needs to see revs.

can anyone shed any light on why i have two spindles on the TB?

one rotates on its own (throttle) and the other rotates both

cruise control, i believe it was on the sentras, the single is for your throttle cable the one which does both is for cruise control

The AAC..

..or idle control valve as its known can be removed..

We have fitted an SR20 Throttle body to a Micra CG13 inlet manifold for a turbo application. and deleted the factory AACV.. / Idle control valve

WHAT management are you using for this boost?.. that is the key..

Good luck with the project.!

The AAC..

..or idle control valve as its known can be removed..

We have fitted an SR20 Throttle body to a Micra CG13 inlet manifold for a turbo application. and deleted the factory AACV.. / Idle control valve

WHAT management are you using for this boost?.. that is the key..

Good luck with the project.!

i'll most likely be running a dastek. but thats not cast in stone yet.

so if it can be removed, how do you control the idle/ stop from stalling when the butterfly is closed?

you need to keep the butterfly slightly open, actually you already have a similar system on the throttle which uses a thermostat to set the cold start, on cold start it wont release the butterfly to fully close but is slightly open so you have ~1200 rpm at cold start up, when the engine coolant warms up it releases the butterfly so it can be fully closed...think then the idle valve takes control of the idle.

You would be surprised how many Seized idle control valves are on the cars in this club, but they still idle fine lol..

Im not as familier about Dastek as I am about other managments so im not sure. I know with our stuff we can, and do.

It can trouble the cold start and enrichment.

Idealy it would be best to leave it. .. but it CAN be removed..

You would be surprised how many Seized idle control valves are on the cars in this club, but they still idle fine lol..

Im not as familier about Dastek as I am about other managments so im not sure. I know with our stuff we can, and do.

It can trouble the cold start and enrichment.

Idealy it would be best to leave it. .. but it CAN be removed..

fortunately the part is the same as a UK car. the name escapes me though lol. some GA16DE RWD people bus.

failing that i have two contacts in america that will go to a "junkyard" for me.

EDIT

SERENA thats what it was

Good luck with this project mate. Looks like it's going to be awsome:)

Any idea of time scale? When are you looking to have it completed?

Back
Top Bottom