My 'mera GX 1.6

I had a similar issue with one of my SR20s, turned out to be a washer underneath the inlet gasket, meaning it was taking too much air in, and water was pissing out.

The fact that you've had it idleing rules out a timing issue. Not alot of us know anything about these set ups so this is a difficult one. You're on your own.

Water leak, that'll be the ones that run to the stock TB, there must be some disconnected or requiring a pipe to join them?
If its struggling to idle thats got to be vacuum related and idle control valve related? Just noticing in your pictures, there doesnt appear to be a PCV valve connected to the cam cover?

Water leak, that'll be the ones that run to the stock TB, there must be some disconnected or requiring a pipe to join them?
If its struggling to idle thats got to be vacuum related and idle control valve related? Just noticing in your pictures, there doesnt appear to be a PCV valve connected to the cam cover?

All water hoses were re-routed or blocked accordingly. although the ones that went to the stock TB came out of the manifold so these were deleted with the stock manifold. the water leak came from between the head and manifold somewhere. which is why rather than spend another day trying to correct it i stuck the stocker back on.

the PCV was connected prior to starting the engine.

im not ruling out finishing this. i just think that yesterday highlighted some issues that needed looking at and i need the time to rebuild faith and put my heart back into it.

working through the night to try get something done for it to not work leaves a bitter taste, i cba anymore so moving on to bigger things.

SR20 y0

Tact Eddie, tact. Something you have not.

im quite content in the thought that at least ive tried to improve my engine.

eddie spent some money over a year ago and has sat back stroking himself for 12 months and made no advancement.

fortunately my cams are going to a good cause...

in fairness im not quitting because the B13 didnt work. im quitting cause an SR20 has come up that i know the history of, low mileage and local to me.

its natural progression as tommo once said

Back
Top Bottom