My N16 Almera

I adjusted the camber on my k-sports to standard at college, it drove like a crab. Couldn't make it round a corner without it understeering to funk. 10,000 road miles is alot for coilovers. I'd have no arse or back left if i tried doing the same :eek:

I heard that coilovers have a better ride than just replacing the stock springs though, which was the plan before the K-Sport group buy. How about Koni Yellows dampers?

Steven, did you have lowering springs before? Hard for you to tell cause you're not all fully set up with the K-Sports, but how do the coilovers compare?

I just had lowering springs before which firmed up the ride from say a soggy 1 to a firmer 3.5...the coilovers on softest make it say a firm but fair 5 (actually remarkably good!!!) to OH MY GOD IT'S A BRICK 10 when ooober hard!

I heard that coilovers have a better ride than just replacing the stock springs though?

some body told you a lie then lol, coilovers are always firmer than lowering spring, that is unless the lowering spring in question on has a bout 3 coils lol

simcard, you on about revolution?

I set my camber plates up by eye and when I took it to get done they were spot on, but tracking wears your tyres much more than camber ever will, the tracking is the important one.

SHIT! SHIT. SHIT. SHIT!

Call from garage about engine management light. Timing chain. £400+VAT parts alone. Full days labour.

Got some BIG decisions to make in the next couple of days now...

Shit.

So would that kit include everything needed assuming nothing else is damaged? Sprockets, Chain and tensioners?

I've spoken to a few people with the SR engines who have advised its a good idea to change water pump and al pullys/belts at the same time?

Nissan main dealer is always more expensive, and I'd probably not get work done there because I can get cheap labour elsewhere, it was the parts that made me jump. Of course I'd be seeking a second opinion!

I'll have a look at the full "quote" at lunch (got a phone call) and see exactly what parts they are replacing for this £400 odd + VAT.

Tall Pauls write up on the gearbox similarities would make an SR20 swap very interesting!!! When I had my chain replaced it cost me €800 but that included VAT, all parts & labour plus a full service & replacement of my throttle cable....

As it transpires...I've found a garage that'll do it for MUCHO cheapness and that kit shown above seems to be genuine as includes everything nissan were billing me for!!!! Wonder how the hell it's so cheap though.

Crisis may well be averted.

If I had a engine and gearbox ready to go, I'd do a swap...but I don't...so I won't. I need the car as well.

If I had a 1.8 - I'd go for it. I don't though.

Central garage in dedridge, livingston. They've done some mechanical work for me and my dad before, and have been excellent.

p.s. 1 Less available timing chain kit on ebay :D

OK Timing Chain is fixed!
Exhaust blow is fixed!

Front bumper and arches are rubbed down and primered ready for paint. Hopefully have it back wednesday assuming it doesn't need more coats of paint for a better color match. If it does, It'll be first thing friday.

Rear mounts came today and I've got friday off so will be getting coilovers on and screwed down and spending a fortune on petrol and going on a nice long drive.

Having driven a 1.6 Astra Estate for the past week - I have NEVER wanted to drive my car so much.

Sounds great, I know what you mean I miss my Almera no end. Have been driving my dads M-Tech 530d around and while it's bloody quick in a straight line it just feels slow and heavy in comparison everywhere else :(

Back
Top Bottom