My N16 Almera

It's Lowered!!!

Finally got it done!! Here's the two pics i just took: -

LoweredFrt.jpg

LoweredBk.jpg

Lowered 35mm at the front and 20mm at the back

The smallest of changes make a world of diffrence looks gr8! - Tell me please in the UK what models of the N16 were released? 1600's 1800's ? model numbers - which was the top end one, it is difficult to tell as all Almera's were only branded with the badge in the back not what model it was ??

ZAni$ said:
The smallest of changes make a world of diffrence looks gr8! - Tell me please in the UK what models of the N16 were released? 1600's 1800's ? model numbers - which was the top end one, it is difficult to tell as all Almera's were only branded with the badge in the back not what model it was ??

There was the 1.5 16v QG15DE N16, 1.8 16v QG18DE N16 and the 2.2 dCi Y22DET N16

I'm sure the trims were E, S, SE, SVE, Sport+, SXE and Twister i think

Any othersi cant remember - all i know is the E trim (my car) is the bog standard one as you can tell with the cheap looking black rub strips and aftermarket cd player in it...

TallPaul86 said:
There was the 1.5 16v QG15DE N16, 1.8 16v QG18DE N16 and the 2.2 dCi Y22DET N16

I'm sure the trims were E, S, SE, SVE, Sport+, SXE and Twister i think

Any othersi cant remember - all i know is the E trim (my car) is the bog standard one as you can tell with the cheap looking black rub strips and aftermarket cd player in it...

So this is going to sound strange because i'm not certain what model i drive :confused: , they only marketed it here as a 1.8 Almera 5 door - i assume i may have the 1.8SE then, cause that's what a mate of mine said it could be - how can i tell?(There was never a 1.5 or Diesel varient released in these here parts)

ZAni$ said:
So this is going to sound strange because i'm not certain what model i drive :confused: , they only marketed it here as a 1.8 Almera 5 door - i assume i may have the 1.8SE then, cause that's what a mate of mine said it could be - how can i tell?(There was never a 1.5 or Diesel varient released in these here parts)

Take a pic of your interior and we should be able to tell from that...

Supposing it's not modified ;)

Crappy Phone Pic.

TallPaul86 said:
Take a pic of your interior and we should be able to tell from that...

Supposing it's not modified ;)

Stock...The radio factory fitted radio with the 6 CD shuttle is as best i can tell that distinguish's this from the pics u have of ur interior (Excuse the quality, was taken with a phone in a darkish basement) :O

Attachments

• DSC00094.JPG
    DSC00094.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 92
looks the same as myn mate thats a n16 phase 1 i think 1.8se sport+ 16v twncam 118bhp as standard tp end 120 there abouts.....

you have made some nice improvements there mate, to me its the little details that make a car stand out so i like they way you have deglobed etc, just makes it look even better when its got the alloys on it. alloys are very nice aswell, one of the few alloys that seem to look good on virtually every car and look fresh even though there not really a new design

N16_GTIR said:
I got all my mouldings and mirrors colour coded quite cheap, made all the difference in my opinion. Really finishes it off mate. Nice colour, by the way! ;)
How much did ya have to pay then? I'd really like to get all of mine done. I've got an 'Activ' so the front and rear mouldings came already colour-coded.

Well, I got my front and rear bumpers, sideskirts, door trims, boot trims and mirrors sprayed and fitted for £300. I still think it made the most difference to my car, looks nice and smooth.

Cool thanks. I've got to take mine in for body repair after someone ( :rasp: ) at work went into it while it was parked and I wasnt even in the office.... so I've already got quoted for the labour for that and parts and materials. Hopefully it won't be much more to get the rest of my trim done on top.

Hoping they have paint left over from the body repair! :D

Wanting colour codedness badly... Seen as how nobody wants my big fat blue bitch i'd be aswell making something of it...

Can normal black mouldings be painted or do you have to get pre-primed ones?

TallPaul86 said:
Wanting colour codedness badly... Seen as how nobody wants my big fat blue bitch i'd be aswell making something of it...

Can normal black mouldings be painted or do you have to get pre-primed ones?

yup if you can remember of mine then they had all been done

Ignoring my purchases above (as they're of shite quality and seen as how my car's reliability record has been far from acceptable i wasn't gonna risk fitting anything...) Here's an update of my car... The only thing different about it is that i've fitted blue LED Interior bulbs (pics of those will follow when its darker :D )

I gave the big fat blue bitch a clean and was so impressed that i even took a couple of admiring photos... Think i've done went and fell in love with it again... :roll: :roll: awww bloody hell will i ever make my mind up?

Anywho here's the pics: -

FrontRH-1.jpg

RearRH-1.jpg

RearLevel-1.jpg

Speedie-1.jpg

RearLH-1.jpg

FrontLH-1.jpg

FrontOver-1.jpg

FrontRHLower-1.jpg

TallPaul86 said:
awww bloody hell will i ever make my mind up?
We can only pray... :D :P
She looks nice all shiney mate! door handles and bump strips want colour coding... maybe you should get a mate to do it :roll: ;)

Corbs said:
We can only pray... :D :P
She looks nice all shiney mate! door handles and bump strips want colour coding... maybe you should get a mate to do it :roll: ;)

Or a professional who knows what he's doing LoL yeah defo needs it

Dunno whether just to colour code 'em or get the N16 door handles with the "chrome" handle trim on it...

Back
Top Bottom