My N16 Almera

Is the drivers side door still covered in your dodge paint job from when you tried to colour code the handle (not sure why you never took the handle off)?

And take that god-awful sign off your back window!!

beretta93r said:
Is the drivers side door still covered in your dodge paint job from when you tried to colour code the handle (not sure why you never took the handle off)?

And take that god-awful sign off your back window!!

Aye - the driver's side rear is still splattered with the shite however i got the front door covered went my car went in after that gay lorry driver pulled out in front of me...

I didn't take the handle off cos i didn't know how at the time!!

And why take the sign off? It's gid banter san!! LoL :P :D

Corbs said:
Nah chrome is for saxos lol, Blue is cool :)

Oi! :evil: Mine has the chrome handles & looks good! :P

NOTE: These alloys are on the GTi @ the mo!

Attachments

• N16 guy pics 001.jpg
    N16 guy pics 001.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 64
Nice going guys - I still have hope for mine when I you show that N16s can look cool too.

The more I see your car, TP, the more I think that 16" wheels are the way to go on an N16 (at least for the subtle look I want). I suspect the weight difference between 16 and 17 may even make a difference to handling? I wonder if that's offset by the larger tyre sidewall or is it not enough of either to be noticeable?

AG, I think chrome looks fine when it has other detailing that matches (the bright alloys and tailpipe for example). You probably get away with it because your car is grey so everything is a monochrome shade. I always think that outside of serious custom paint jobs a car looks best if it has a maximum of 4 colours (including the yellow plate and red lights) on it.

Christ had to search for my own thread it's been that long since i've posted up on any form of progress however there's quite a lot WIP at the moment: -

1) Fujita Cold Air Intake System for fitment Sentra 1.8i - coming from eBay USA
2) Kenwood 5.25" component speakers plus Micra speaker spacers coming
3) Shakey's bumpers plus Sport+ side skirts being painted and fitted this Wednesday or Thursday
4) Kenwood iPod compatible head unit + iPod 8gb Nano black all installed the now!!

Will post up pics when all is installed!!

Another wee update for the "potential" blue croozer LoL

The front and rear bumpers complete with shakey's Carzone splitters have been painted and fitted and the skirts have been painted and getting bonded, left overnight to set and thus will be collecting it tomorrow morning

All excited now - the car's gonna be restored to its former glory... Half decent lol

Well its finally here!! The long awaited pics of the newly installed kit (courtesy of shakey - top fella :thumbs: ) and have to say i'm rather impressed with it...

All i gotta do now is get the scratch sorted with next months wages, clay bar or t-cut the overspray and colour code it and the exterior will be done... Except i'll now probably have to get 17's now :D :D

And i only took 2 pics quickly before i had to go to work so here they are: -

05102007007.jpg

05102007006.jpg

The car is now on the road to looking good once again - this is obviously half completed on the outside... I've also fitted and wired up a Mutant X Amp + Sub Boxx combo on the boot will take pics of that later when i get the chance... Just waiting on my Fujita CAI to come in soon now - been waiting long enough :evil: :rasp:

There's only one style of 5-spoke wheels i really like and it's these OZ Canyon style wheels: -

OZCanyon.jpg

Except the problem is they only do them in 5 stud fitment :(

And also if i were to get 17's ideally i'd like these: -

VolkRacingTe-37.jpg

Volk Racing TE-37's :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

better wheels and a spoiler id say is missing, not sure if the skirts are big enough to complement the big lips on the bumpers. (need a better side on) good job overall

Looking great buddy!

Have to agree with Rhyd, side skirts look a bit wee compared to the rest of the kit but could just be the photos.

I'd sort that, colour-code mirrors, boot handle and side strips (and the door handles if you're feeling really brave), forget about a spoiler (just more weight to carry) and while you're doing all that save up for those gorgeous Volks but if (and only if) they weigh the same or less than your original steelies - the last thing you need on a 1.5 N16 is heavier wheels.
If your getting 17s go for 205/45/17 tyres to fill the archers more than my 205/40s do (your ride won't be as bone crunching and your speedo will only read 0.5% fast rather than my 5% too)

Good show so far, though, mate!

Lookin good paul! Nice to see the N16 Category alive and kicking!

I went and saw this at work yesterday and I think it looks pretty good man. I think the lines suit the car which is more than alot of other kits out there. I do agree with what others have said though, the skirts just dont bring the car down in the middle enough now but it looks pretty low and the front and back.

Pretty much talked me into getting a front lip (like the one on barrys motor)...

Front looks ok, needs black mesh though. Get rid of them big ass tyres, and lower it more. Back bumper looks abit ott...but i know it's only half way there so will be good to see it finished.

Back
Top Bottom