My new vzr n1 version 2

Ya between 12.5 and 13 I reckon... head had a tiny bit of a skim to make it level. It's currently runnin on vas' map from his 2 litre in greece the builds are almost identical so i'd say the map isn't a million miles off but I aint taking chances.

nice and high :) you measured it?

head skim on an N1 head lol savage! seen as its already skimmed compared to mine

any final spec list?

Steve

mines about 12.5:1, possibly just under now and i could run ok ish amounts of ignition on 99ron, what's the best fuel you will be using?

No it's a normal VE head that I got my N1 head was completly destroyed, but I got it ported and polished and the titanium valve springs and retainers , supertech valves and the N1 cams so it meets if not exceeds the N1 head and is ideal because the compression would not be so high,

I'm using N1 pistons only cut for oil squirters and a normal ve head just shaved a little... so should be slightly above the 12.5 ya would normally get.

Best fuel over here is 95 :-(

wooaahhhhh

hate to be a bitch mate, but i'd seriously be looking inbto some methanol/booster/toluene....lol, anything.

unless it's a daily and thats totally impractical i'd say it's a must. If my first mapping session is anything to go by, i was at about 12.5:1, and on BP ultimate, 97ron it was pinking it's tits off all the way. The top end of the low lobes was awful, to the point the cam switch point was lowered to 4800, and it still wanted to det. Obviously 4800 switch on n1 cams is a total waste of the low lobes and didn't make for a nice smooth delivery.

Trouble is as well, ve's seem to love timing, so i'd think backing off your timing enough to suit 95ron will negate the point of such an awesome build :( For example, in some parts of my map on 97ron timing was pulled back to 4deg, it felt as flat as a fart in the bottom end.

i'd seriously consider race fuel or booster or something, or move house over here lol

*awaits steve's comment it's all in the map :stuart: *

Final spec list

Pulsar Spec,

Exterior:
Option VZ-R skirts and spats,
Genuine Nissan Rare option graphics (have just not fitted)
Genuine Fog lamps installed,
Lucino Rear Tail lamps,
Genuine Nissan N1 Rear spoiler,
New Indicator lamps fitted,
Nismo Rear Badge (backlight),
Genuine Nismo front Splitter,

Interior:
Orange factory Skyline R seats,
Manual Windows,
Nismo Gearknob,
Apexi RSM,
Original fitted mats,
Nissan momo steering wheel,
Backlight on clocks changed to blue,
3 Black face gauge,
3 x HKS Oil pressure, temp and water temp 46mm gauge.

Powetrain:
Sr16ve head ported and polished,
Decked to raise compression (calculated 12.5:1)
3 angle valve job,
+2mm exhaust valve +1mm intake vlave,
Brian Crower Springs and retainers,
Supertech Manganeze bronze valve guides,
Standard Nissan Headgasket,
Standard nissan collets,
Standard cam gears,
sr16ve N1 spec camshafts,
new shims,
Sr16ve N1 pistons cut only for oil squirters,
Sr16ve N1 block,
Sr20ve Con rods,
Sr20ve Crankshaft,
ACL calico coated Race main bearings,
ACL Calico coated Race Conrod bearings,
Pulsar GTi-R main cap bolts,
VVL Nissan spec Piston rings,
Freshly honed block and balanced rotating mass,
Aluminium G-spec underdrive Waterpump pulley,
Aluminium G-Spec overdrive Crankshaft pulley,
New Nissan spec VE oil pump,
New Nissan Spec timing chain and guides,
Sr16ve N1 intake manifold,
8 x 333cc sequencially operated injectors,
Nissan spec sr16ve N1 Spec ECU with programmable Powerland daughterboard,
Powerland Manifold,
Powerland Intake pipe,
HKS Super powerflow reloaded intake filter,
Cold Air feed,
AP Clutch,
Standard Fly,
prothane engine mounts,
19 Row oil cooler and remote location kit (have not fitted)
Cusco catch tank

Suspension:
New genuine Nissan wishbones drop links and antiroll bar bushings,
New tein Super street coilovers,
Whiteline rear anti roll bar,
Whiteline 4 point under brace

Wheels:
Enkei JDM factory option rims,
Toyo T1-R proxies all round

Brakes:
5.1 Fluid,
Hel braded brake lines,
Evo 3 front twin pot calipers,
Endless front pads,
Clio 182 front discs,
Grooved discs rear,
Red stuff pads rear.

Transmission:
Gearbox completly reconditioned all synchros checked and in spec and and worn gears replaced (shifts like butter compared to before)

I'm sure there is more just can't think of any...

On the list to do is...
Nismo wheel studs,
carbing rear strut brace,
Defi Din gauge,
fit the graphics and then a map cant really think of anything else worth while can ye?

@ craiGTI: I know man this country sucks best stuff we is a little better than 95 its the fuel thats mixed with 5% bioethanol they say its 99 but prob more like 97.

I ordered 10 bottles of that nos race octane booster off ebay so should be here any day use one of them per tank I guess.... as for the car being a daily the answer is no I'd safely say I have driven it 4 times in the last 2 years.

cool, if its not a daily and you got near 97, a bottle of that per tank should do the trick

i had some of that nos race formula too, supposed to be about one of the only ones that work. I also bought a 25l drum of xylene off ebay for £40 and add a few litres of that per tank!

Cheers lad delighted I got it to the way I wanted but sometimes feel bad that I took away what the car is all about and the fact that its so rare but sure what can ya do.

Ya it's up in a place here called track day performance robbie is shit hot with sr's and rb's although with no suprise little experiance with vvl, he is a nistune dealer also tho so if anyone has a hope of sorting it he will. should know in the next couple of weeks.

Got a question for you.

You know how on the Version 2 you get a blank for the rear wiper, well is there a part number on it cos i'd like one for my Autech instead of a rubber grommit I got from work. It looks much more factory than a grommet thanks!

Hi rob long time no hear thought you were rid of the autech did you buy another?

I looked into that gromit from others and it seems as if you can't get it seperate and there is no listing for it according to a mate that works in nissan. Kind of a shame as I agree the black gromit doesn't look good and the ones on the version 2's were body coloured also. Hard to know what you could get to replicate it as its hard plastic and has a dome shape, out of factory they also just put a white piece of sticker over the water jet at the back too, mine fell off so I just stuck a washer jet in there to keep the water out.

Yes I bought another one, a Black one this time. We don't have N1's in England, you guys keep buying them all! ;)

....Well most of them anyway.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know they also ditched the jet. They must have ditched the pipe too which runs from the front of the car too then.
I'll stick with my grommet for now then.
Car is looking fantastic mate. It's funny how the guys at Autech changed their minds about what interior to put in the N15.
They started off with the dire looking Pulsar Autech Version trim in 1996/1997, then plain Grey with windup windows in the Version 1 in 1997/1998.

It can't have been the same guy that came up with the idea of the Version 2 trim in 1999 cos it really is so different. I can't get over how amazing it looks!

Ah good you weren't able to resist the temptation of another n15 so.

Ya no pipe in there wither, although patjoes black v2 came with a rear wiper only v2 I have ever seen with one... maybe they didn't have a black gromit and just stuck in the wiper. Amazing all the little things that were changed even the front strut brace on them has a little extra piece welded on.

The guy that done the autech interior must have got the sack ha ha awful looking interior, in fairness tho those that aren't in the know about them usually think the interior is horrible.

Should be looking better soon once I get the graphics put on it, should be hearing about how the mapping turned out soon too!

Spray the rubber grommet looks ok,

206735_10150147909216704_725276703_6628485_6588319_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom