MY P11 PROJECTO !!!

Stock P11 mounts are decent anyhow. Front bush is the main culprit on an N15 but Prims are round and fairly sturdy.

The driver side and gearbox mounts are stock,only front and rear are poly.I have not done anything with them anyway

Ok so today i finally got round to sealing the spark plug ring gaskets,i just reused the gasket and added sealant after i cleaned the area where the gaskets sits.Engine had been running appox 30 mins before i started,hence it might look dirty,is it not the cleanest,however not that bad either.

holes.jpg

Chain nice and tight like it should be.

nice chain.jpg

Vc back on.Notice most of the blue plastic shit gone...

complete.jpg

I thought i had set the timing to 15* ages ago, however looking at the dizzy position it looks like 17* Anybody tell what it is ?

dizzy pos.jpg

Just a quick pic of one of the Spark plugs.Gap looks to be on the big side...

sparkie.jpg

i find the missus' nail file is the correct gauge, use one of those (hopefully without the nagging i get after ive pinched her nail file lol)

Yeah i was also told a saw blade will do also to check spark plug gaps,however i am not conviced lol.

I will hopefully have another update tomorrow.

Also i checked to see if the tps sensor and maf sensor are within range aacording to a how to do it on npoc,this was the readings.

Tps was 0.064v So i set it to 0.050v Should be 0.050v closed.

Maf was checked for earthing to see how good it was.

Was 0.001v so no need to do anything.

Anything less than 0.009v is good,so this is perfect.

You can't tell the timing by looking at the dizzy. You need a gun.

And the plugs shouldnt need to be gapped, they should have '-11' on the end anyway if they are the right ones.

-phone-

Last edited:
You can't tell the timing by looking at the dizzy. You need a gun.

And the plugs should need to be gapped, they should have '-11' on the end anyway if they are the right ones.

-phone-

I will get a timing gun to check but does anybody have one cheap for sale before i start looking on ebay ?

So some reason when i get to around 3.5k in second gear or third gear sometimes the car will not rev past that/accelerate at all under hard acceleration but it's fine if i come off the throttle a bit,any idea's to what that is ? This only happens intermittently !

Seems to me like it's flooding.Though it's running really lean according to the dyno and plugs,i have fitted the standard fpr on now.It was doing this with the Nismo afpr fitted also,

I have a spare maf in the shed,so i will swap that tomorrow see if that helps and go from there.I think it's more of a fueling issue though.

Is it worth upgrading the fuel pump now with these mods i have or not,cause i have notice that they are dirt cheap new,appox £35 to £40 to the door.

^ same - head seems in fair condition for the mileage i guess. plug gap does look rather large.

ive not heard about your issue before, seems very strange for this to only occur around 3.5k and no where eles? how does the car rev thur the rev range at stand still?

I have ordered the gauge for the plug gaps,it's on it's way...It's ok else where in the rev range,it's just in and around 3.5k and it only plays up when at approx 3/4 or more throttle,engine is awesome generally.It does make good power as proved from the dyno.

It's been going on for months now,it's fully service etc,always is.

I have got 2 cat gaskets coming also as both joints at the cat is blowing at the moment, i am going to replace the breather pipe from the vc to throttle body as that always kinks.That should help the idle settle down a bit.

Last edited:
I had to nip out to shop,so i did as you say David, revved it out of gear to redline,no problem smooth as you like,first time i have done that believe it or not since installing the pullies and flywheel,god it revs quick !

So i gave it some wellie ,seem near perfect only played up this time under full throttle in second gear,going from standstill to redline in first is fine under full throttle,probably just down to needing a tune.As the hesitation is around where it started to show lean on the dyno sheet also,i don't think that's just coincidence thinking about it now.

Back
Top Bottom