My PH1 gti

they aint no man cams theys fucking chuck norris cams right thurr

I hope you not just gonna be running a standard intake....

will do with some choppin.. you ideally need throttle bodies with those cams and exhaust, what work is the head seeing?

It's already had a P+P, but i'm gunna go at it myself and enlarge the exhaust ports to match the header. Intake ports should be ok but i'll check them and see if anything needs doing. I don't see the intake as a problem myself, with my filter and new intake pipe it should flow well.

those cams are going to need ALOT of airflow to make the most of them, and the roller rocker inlets could be alot better..

I'm gunna look at the head in the next few days, i'll try and enlarge the inlet ports a bit aswell as the exhaust ones, and once the old engines out i'll give the inlet manifold runners some attention aswell. I'm thinking of also enlarging the throttle body opening and using a larger TB

dont think you'll need to mess about with the TB to be honest, the S14/15 boys use the N15 one as an upgrade!

lol o rite didnt know that. I'm already running a polished and slightly enlarged throttle body anyway so i may keep it and do more work on the inside of the plenum. It would also be easier to keep my TB as the thermoblock spacer wouldn't fit an enlarged one

Beast of Duration on them puppies, Lift is weak sauce though. There zero low enders, 9000rpm top enders. lol

Some people need to look at Highport and RR heads next to each other.
The RR is bench tested and proven to flow far better than the highport.
The RR intake ports are very straight into the head, and are very short and suprisingly big, they don't really need much work to be great, on the other hand the highport's intake ports are long, nearly double the length, and they have two kinks in the direction of them which isn't good for flow, or headwork really, as enlarging them is going to be a task (to keep them all equal whilst enlarging on bends etc) they are skinny to start off with and there's not much thickness in the walls, there is a lot of improvement to be had on the highport's intake side.
The Exhaust ports on the other hand, are completely the other way around, the RR has room for improvement with its tight exhaust ports, whereas the Highport has great exhaust ports from the factory, I'd say close to or as good as a worked cosworth head, in both size and shape wise.
Joe

I definitely believe the RR is superior having had both next to each other bare, and after seeing the flow bench results on the US forums, and having a professional opinion which also fell into line with the flow bench results. (which was why I was posting but got carried away when I saw people hating the RR)
With some loving on the exhaust side Mongo, you'll be good to go!
There really is minimal improvements to be made on the intake side so leave that, concentrate on the exhaust ports and the back of the valves/bottom of the valve stems too.
You'll be onto a winner.
Joe

Thanks Joe, yeah I'm gunna give the exhaust side a bit of attention, the ports need opening up to match the header and gasket and like you say round the valve area aswell

Back
Top Bottom