My PH1 gti

I was under the impresison the highport flows more than a lowport RR when ported...

...which i think is quite important when comapring the two DE heads for an N/A engine build.

A stock head isnt really an option if going all out N/A, the standard flow becomes a stumbling point in power potential.

Anyway, big cams, lots of overlap and big header = WIN

The Highport could be great with some work on the poor intake side yeah Dale :)
The angle of the intake ports on the Highport is good too, its about 20* offset which is similar to some high performance motors.
Joe

Well my pistons finally arrived :tt1:
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg

12.5:1 87mm CP custom pistons, gunna drop my block off tomorrow to get bored and faced, should be able to start building it at the weekend

mmmm they look familiar and sexy! ;)

although i'm sure mine didn't have the flat bit on top of the dome. good choice though mate ;) have fun fitting the gudgeon pin circlips!

yeah they look like a fucker to get in lol

i tried with one but it was a total bastard mate, dropped the bits all off with the engine builder doing my honing and facing and let him do the all in the end lol

you know which side of the piston is exhaust and which is intake yeh? took me a while to notice the difference!

Did a bit on the engine when i got home from work today. Bolted the block to my engine stand and cleaned the bores out, then check my ring end gaps, all seem ok. Next span it round and fitted my clevite main bearings with some assembly lube
IMG_0057.jpg
then layed the crank in
IMG_0058.jpg
and then the main caps
IMG_0059.jpg
I'll post up more tomorrow on why i havnt torqued the caps up yet. Also picked this up off ebay the other day for £21, lightweight rear chassis brace, they usually go for about £60 on ebay so i got a bargain, it's fucking stiff too
IMG_0056.jpg

That is all for today

Back
Top Bottom