My PH1 gti

very nice i wish my engine bay had all the fancy stuff under it lol:cool:

Heres what i should of posted last night but couldnt be bothered, the reason why i didnt torque the main caps up the other day
IMG_0060.jpg
Ishihara johnson crank scraper, it was a teflon scraper but i removed the teflon and clamping plate as i felt they ran too close to the counterweights. I used my dremmel to open the gaps up slightly so i wouldnt have any clearance issues, all gaps were enlarged to 0.054in or 1.37mm if you prefere checked with feeler gauge, i also checked the gaps with the engine the right way round and they were fine aswell.
IMG_0061.jpg
Then i torqued all the main caps up and put my water pump blanking plate on aswell as the chain guides
IMG_0062.jpg

And the money shot from above
IMG_0063.jpg

So the next step is to rebuild the head putting all the valves and springs back on then it can be bolted to the block. More updates as and when i do stuff.

Well i think i'll be in the 11.5:1 ballpark, depends on a number of factors including how much has been taken off the head previously, but it'll be around that figure i think, which i'm pretty happy with, it means i can crank the timing up on 99ron

Well i think i'll be in the 11.5:1 ballpark, depends on a number of factors including how much has been taken off the head previously, but it'll be around that figure i think, which i'm pretty happy with, it means i can crank the timing up on 99ron

perfect! hence me wantin to shave mine :p

can't wait for this mate

hmm thats fucked up, especially since you put a thicker gasket on lol, maybe it's carbon build up in the combustion chamber increasing the CR

hmm thats fucked up, especially since you put a thicker gasket on lol, maybe it's carbon build up in the combustion chamber increasing the CR

my thoughts exactly, needs cleaning, can you use an additive that does that do you know? although i think the xylene might

water injection is supposed to clean carbon build up, but it's just gunna come back again at a later date anyway,it should reach a point where it doesnt build up any more

water injection is supposed to clean carbon build up, but it's just gunna come back again at a later date anyway,it should reach a point where it doesnt build up any more

yeh but if it built up loads when overfuelling during run in it could be loads, biggest mistake i made was runnin in too much before map.

will you be getting mapped soon after start up? i would mate

i've got a dastek that used to be kurts which is mapped for a 12:1 de, so i was gunna wire that up which should keep me safe during run in until i go for remapping

Well i didnt have much time to do engine work today but i did manage to put this in
IMG_0064.jpg

Saved about 1.5kg and it's as stiff as buggery

Back
Top Bottom