My PH1 gti

cool thread dude im gona say 185whp.. im alittle bemused at the crank scrapper without the actual scrapper on it though..

the teflon is the main bit of the scrapper though surely as thats gets right to the crank and gets the oil off it.. you can practically run it touching to get every last bit of oil off..

on the site it says you can run it within 1thou and the teflon will bed in resulting in the nest result like this :-

bedded%20in%20teflon.jpg

youve baught it get it in dude :D they work great..

the teflon is just an optional extra that you can have, mine as it stands is just a normal scraper. I took it off to get a compromise between function and clearance as i dont want it ending up like the guys in rowdys thread did.

I couldn`t be bothered to mess around with mine in the end, and that lame ozzie put me off.
Good luck though.

from what i remember, that wasnt the crank scraper though it was the SR16VE windage tray that fits in the sump.. it has 3 scrappers that stick up.. that are meant for the smaller crank.. he bent them with his fingers thinking they were far enough away but they werent.. im having to cutt mine off..

his teflon scrapper was fine though.. the yanks use them all the time..

from what i remember, that wasnt the crank scraper though it was the SR16VE windage tray that fits in the sump.. it has 3 scrappers that stick up.. that are meant for the smaller crank.. he bent them with his fingers thinking they were far enough away but they werent.. im having to cutt mine off..

his teflon scrapper was fine though.. the yanks use them all the time..

re quoting this as its correct.. page 11 on his build thread you can see the damage was caused to the windage tray.. he also has DET rods..

Right today's first installment, fitted the BC springs and titanium retainers to the head
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

A shot of the inlet porting
IMG_0068.jpg

VE metal headgasket
IMG_0069.jpg

Head is on!!
IMG_0070.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg

Tonights job is to button down the head and possibly fit the cams so i can get the timing bob on before i put the front cover on.

I would get the front cover on before torquing down the head, you can still check the bottom link on the crank anyway..

Why is everyone saying put the front cover on first? It'll be so easy to get the timing spot on with it off and it'll go on fine after the head. Answer me this people, if you had to change you're oil pump would you take the head off to do it?

iirc its recommened in the FSM you remove the head when removing the front cover. There`s a chance it wont seal properly.

Back
Top Bottom