My PH1 gti

Thinking about it i can leave the sump and oil pan off so i'll still be able to see the crank sprocket from underneath to make sure the chain is in the right place, front cover fitting it is then.

Ok today installment number 2 lol, I fitted the front cover, brand new with VE oil pump and modified pick up
IMG_0072.jpg

Torqued the head down with stock nissan bolts, they are used but are within the max limit. I also looked underneath and there is no way that the chain can come off the crank sprocket, there simply isnt room for it to which may be of interest to some people

very nice mate

i agree with the guide you linked, there's no problem with fitting the front cover after at all. as you say changin oil pump isn't a head off job! lol

the head doesn't torque down onto the front cover, only those weedy little m6 bolts or whatever they are that stop oil leaking from the chain area.

what crank pulley you using? and what header's that lurking in the background? or iirc did you get an asp?

No I mean it's the ve pump and pick up, which is different to the de pick up, and better apparently hence why I said modified

yeh i know it's a ve pump, like i used. But the ve pickup wouldn't work with the de baffle plate thing in the lower pan. What has been modified, and how, on yours to fit?

Lol not sure mate, I'll see when i try and fit it

oh i see lol, so you haven't done anything to it yourself??

only i tried to use the ve pickup on my ve pump but it won't go with the GTi baffle and lower pan thingy. In the end i used the de pickup on the ve pump, but the bolt holes had to be filed out a few mm before it would bolt up :cowboy:

Just got back in from the shed, bled all the HLA's, hopefully they are alright. Fitted the shims and rocker arms
IMG_0073.jpg

:lobes: Oh wait there they fucking are!!!
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

I'm gunna have to tighten the sprockets up tomorrow as i'm having an issue with one of the small bolts on it.

Back
Top Bottom