My ph2 GTi

Honda :D 96-00 USDM Civic Si. Havent tried it yet, prob fit it in the autumn, as I need to make new lines up to the front calipers.

Well not much to update, still yet to get it on a dyno and finish the mapping.....need to replace the inner CV boot and get the tracking done first. I'm using a IGN map from another N1'd 20VE. I've just brought all the values back abit incase of any det, seeing as I have no headphones. Pulls really well to redline and fuelling is great, took it for a little blast down my favourite road in N wales yesterday....diff and gearing feels good and no power steering feels 2nd nature.

Here's 2 screen shots of the Fuel and ignition maps incase anyone wonders how it works.
VE1.jpg

VE2.jpg

Got to hand it to you for having a go at this ECU tuning stuff, admittedly those screen shots mean very little to me.

Maybe once you've cracked it...you can tell me what i need and teach me the ropes :thumb:

Hi Kurt,

did you make also logs with TPS? Can you send it?

I did the other day but never saved it, first time I'd used the log. I'll do another within the week and send it over.

is that first map the actual AFR's or there targeted?

Target, actual on the wideband is a tiny bit richer at the moment to stop it running lean, it needs reigning in properley using the K constant and injector pulsewidths...but that's all abit complicated for me at the moment. I'm happy to have got it safe and very driveable, just needs an hour on the dyno with someone alot more knowledgeable than me.

tiny bit richer is good.. youll get the power when you can wind the timing in and listen for det/pinking.. im no expert i know fuck all actually maping is a dark art only wizzards and space men can do.. im sure theres a way you can see if your timing getting risky with exhaust temps but that might just be for turbo's..

Well like expected, nothing ever goes as you would like. I put the car the dyno about 3 weeks back to make sure everything was safe etc....it pulled 160whp and I thought that was good, seeing as it was on a conservative map. So wen't back today expecting more, gained a whopping 5whp at peak rpm:confused:....But did gain near 20whp and 20ft/lb from 2000 to 5000rpm. So I really don't know what's holding it back so much up top. This was only changing the IGN map and the fuel slightly...so whether it's something in the other areas of the software. The bloke had never used Nistune before so stuck the the ign and fuel maps, nor did we change the 5500/5700 cam points. I may ask around some Honda tuners who might be able to see something that I can't, in the mapping.

I'm also getting a crunch from 3rd gear synchro on heavy load changes. I'm gonna have to just deal with it until after Cadwell, and hope it lasts the day and gets me home. This POS gearbox has never been any good:nono:

at least its all safe and sorted mate, and god gains low down. but yeh that is a bit lower than expected.

That said, it'd probably pull 180+whp on other dynos, we know how inconsistent they are :yes:

still awesome stuff with the nistune yourself man

Yeh mate, same dyno dynamics. I think they just don't like me. lol

It does drive nice now yeh, there's no hesitation low down either and the noise is insane...I'll worry about more power later in the year. I want to get some track time under it's belt first....it's been too long!

long as you stick to the same place for dyno's runs, gains are there in black and white so to speak.
still you must be glad its done now at least?
15's straight to 13's ay
d boi

definitely needs a decent manifold and exhaust on that bad boy, thats a bit shit about the exhaust :( probably get away with using the synchro rings out of your gti box.....

which Ive just remembered you sold... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom