My ph2 GTi

Just an SSA, Ye olde faithful. No problems with using it, I'm still on the 2.25" catback but I'm not dropping £1000 on a 'custom' manifold and new system.

Just an SSA, Ye olde faithful. No problems with using it, I'm still on the 2.25" catback but I'm not dropping £1000 on a 'custom' manifold and new system.

yeh i keep thinkin the same - but as i need a new cat back anyway sam's tellin me to go 3" which i see as only for total top end figures. and if i did that it'd make sense for a different header.

still think an ssac with 2.5" catback will do me

Well thats that done. Started first time without even a sniff of hesitation, silky smooth too. No fuel, water or oil leaks and the gearbox is like a warm knife through butter.

Gotta join the PS lines and T for a breather as per rowdys thread. Insure it, then run it in. Been messing with Nistune, very nicely layed out. Will resize the injectors, map the fuel maps to a safe AFR throughout and back the timing off. Until I can get it to a dyno. The 12750rpm rev limit option is tempting, NOT!

Pics tomorrow, I even cleaned it today for the first time since December.

Yeh Ross got them Saturday, didn't need them until then so no worries.

Well, Here's some pics. It's idling quite high and very rich which is fine for the run-in period....but the little problems I'm ironing out as I get more confident with the ECU. Took it down the road and back and all seems ok, no power steering will be fun...3 point turns are funny but general driving is fine. Alos getting some unwanted noises from the N/S wheel/shaft. Which I hope is something menial and not a fricking inner CV joint.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

My water temp gauge line is currently too short that's why it's on the stalk and not in the holder, so I'll be replacing that. But overall Im well chuffed with it all, even my Mum and Dad thought it would never be finished, as it was sitting there on axle stands with no engine and the new one in 100 pieces....I showed them! Engine bay is clean and simple now after the mammoth oil clean up. Just gutted I didn't manage to rid of the ABS pump...as my new prop valve was stuck in the US while all this volcano crap wen't on.

looks mean as fuck, and should go like it too.

i've fallen in love with this car big time now - as sam says, proper awesome

looks spot on there! Always been one of my favourite N15s and now its got the heart it deserves :D

Back
Top Bottom