My PH2 GTI

Nice project bud, very nice indeed!

Just some advice for the turbo build up...

Stick with the stock SR20VE cams, as they are best for a turbo setup.

Go with the 0.64 A/R exhaust housing. It will spool quicker than the 0.86.

I made 361 BHP with mine at 14 psi bud, so it's got more than enough to give!

Build it up and get it on a dyno and see where the power begins to tail off!

Hope it all works...I'll be watching the thread for progress.

Cheers

Dave

cheers dave :)

well im building the SR16 as a turbo not an SR20VE-T so with the rod ratio being better than the 2.0 they are better for turbo, in effect it will be like a honda B16 turbo, so with the big SR16 cams it will need a big housing to keep making power high up the revs, yeh it will be laggy but i love revs and so does the SR16 :D power band will be around 5k to 9k with it still making power at 9k :)

im just waiting to sell the D2 coilovers off the pulsar then i can buy some crower rods and some pistons (not sure which ones yet)

Yeah, but with a turbo charged engine there isn't the same requirement for high RPM levels.

The SR20 bore / stroke ratio is quite good. It is easily safe enough to rev to 8600 on a daily basis, provided you change the rods, or at least the rod bolts.

The problem with the SR16 camshafts is the amount of overlap...way too much for a turbo car, unless you plan on strapping a GT42 or something really huge, but that I doubt very much!

yeh i know what you mean dude, some of the yank guys are using SR16 cams for turbo and they are plenty good if you use a big turbine housing and cam gears for the overlap, so this is why im going for the disco with .86 housing :D its the N1 cams that are naughty, like mazworx's S15 uses N1 cams and a GT42 blower but that revs to 11k

well suck me beautiful, i managed a 14.45 @ 96.7 MPH (my opponent was a 2.0 corsa stripped to fuck with poly windows etc) my highest terminal was 97.1, im actually quite pleased to be honest as the pictures show how bad my tyres are and we had a spot of rain so the track was damp aaaaaaaand york is so ghetto anyway, i need an LSD :lol: i got a better 60ft with the DE at shakeys so i shoudl be able to get it down a couple

2009_04120004.jpg

front tyres :lol:
2009_04120015.jpg

2009_04120014.jpg

2009_04120016.jpg

video uploading now :)

ahh man 14.4 is pukka on those tyre with is being damp n all eek. might have help'd had it been blaziung hot like. Ha bye bye nova pfft.

ps your car loves shakey's

dd

Thats virtually the same times and terminals i was pulling last year at shakey. Nice one dude.

My PB is 14.42@95@ Elvington

What tyres you going to replace them with? I`m thinking of going back to T1Rs as i dont do much mileage now. I`d like R888s, but they`re so expensive!

Thats virtually the same times and terminals i was pulling last year at shakey. Nice one dude.

My PB is 14.42@95@ Elvington

What tyres you going to replace them with? I`m thinking of going back to T1Rs as i dont do much mileage now. I`d like R888s, but they`re so expensive!

Hankook RS2's are about £65 each in 16's and get good reviews for a track tyre. But Im going back to 15's after I've gone through these tyres as 16" tyre prices are daylight robbery.

cheers boys, well i had T1R's at shakeys last year (same tyres now just no tread) :lol: but they were good when they had tread. i have 2 spare enkei wheels in 15's and i was thinking of getting some slicks :D and just replace the road tyres with T1R's again, bring the slicks down to shakeys hehe :D

Back
Top Bottom