My PH2 GTI

i think i did dave yeh :lol:

probably be down shakeys in june, only if some ALC will be happening though :) get it done dude

ALC?

Im looking at the next slot at The pod..or Shakespeare's.. looking june for there or May for The pod..

Might look into Crail..

the GTi has been getting some fettling done tonight...

new bottom arms with powerflex bushes and whiteline castor bushes
new front ARB drop links
21mm wheel spacers and longer studs
free castor mod (which may intrigue some of you)

2009_04160001.jpg

2009_04160002.jpg

bushes fitted
2009_04160004.jpg

2009_04160005.jpg

castor mod (i can do a write up in the "how to" section if people want to do it?)
2009_04160003.jpg

2009_04160008.jpg

wheel spacers on
2009_04160006.jpg

2009_04160007.jpg

just need to get it laser aligned again and it will be awesome :D

Spot bloody on :D Where the wheels are supposed to come out to! Let us know how it handles and feels now.

cheers ed, ive had the tracking done today, and it feels awesome, "turn in" is much better and it feels more "awake" up front. it adds close to 2 degrees of castor which is better than paying over the top for something like the ground control or whiteline stuff when this way is free :D

I think I know what you`ve done, but yeah, castor mod write up would be good, I may do it while the `box is out.

But, would the brace fit afterwards :confused: I don`t think it would. :(

it still has negative camber dude, just havent measured how much yet, if you want more then you need to use whiteline camber bolts or alike

the old ones just knock out with a hammer but you need the hub a certain way so there is room to get them out. the new studs are easy mate, i just tapped them in from the back a bit, then used a 19mm 1/2 drive socket over the stud, then put an old wheel nut on the stud and it drags the stud in when you wind the nut on

Just went through all 33 pages
:D How did i miss this. Awesome swap and results.

And a 16VET project that's gonna be something.

Love it!

I see what you mean now when you were talking about the castor mod. That's quite jazzy like.

Suppose the only downside is braces. Would a lower tie bar still lign up?

yeh i new you would understand when it was done steve :lol: its just hard to explain.

lower tie bar will still line up yeh as all ive done is rotate the top mount. im going to try and swap my GAB brace with my mates cusco one tomorrow as that will work, the cusco mounting points sit flush against the top of the turret so all i need to do is drill the extra hole in the mounts on the brace

just to add people, this mod will only work if you have adjustable top mounts as you move the strut to its furthest point backwards to add the castor and camber

these show the negative camber is still there :D

2009_04170001.jpg

2009_04170002.jpg

oh and its stripped out state now, everything is out, even both front airbags :lol: need the sunroof out now. my cobra imola bucket seat should be here soon too
2009_04170003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom