My PH2 GTI

ahhh right so im guessing the GTi loom plugs straight into the GTiR ECU then kurt? if thats the case then i think i'll be "borrowing" my GTiR ECU then

kurt? :D

wonder how long it takes for the plod to pull me with these on :P fooking JDM yo :D just need the VZR lights on now...(sam?)
Image288.jpg

Image290.jpg

Good run Wezz, respectable figures. Also liking the JDM plate surround, just need to get that JDM engine in there for the full effect.

still got to meet up and have sex in the little beast yet man!

still not seen you yet cruising around :P

if i see ya im gonna end up stalking ya and putting my tail in your exhaust!

MWAH

who needs an air filter :P cut up a cooking sieve and used the very fine mesh around the trumpet to stop any bugs getting in, then theres the very fine mesh in the MAF, im sure i will have to take it out now and again to clean it but hey it goes well with no restrictions :D

Image294.jpg

Image295.jpg

So has it made any difference to performance?
I remember posting about this topic, back in the day.

I suppose the question is, is it worth the risk?

it definitely pulls harder higher up as there are no restrictions and its nice cold air from the bumper :D i cant see there being a risk to be honest, anything smaller than the holes in the mesh that gets through is going to be minute and is going to get burned up in the combustion chamber anyway, as long as you have some very fine mesh in there i cant see it being a problem

Imagine a grain of sand entering the combustion chamber...........

Not something i would risk. Car looks good.

oh wez you so JDM tyte son! looks bang on that mate, making progress at a rate not to dissimilar to myself last year... *wipes tear from his eye...

edit - got a P1 plate light handle ting kickin round the shed if you want it?

anything smaller than the holes in the mesh that gets through is going to be minute and is going to get burned up in the combustion chamber anyway

A very small piece of glass or metal wouldn't burn up. Not like relying on the combustion chamber to burn stuff up is a good idea anyway.

Imagine a grain of sand entering the combustion chamber...........

Not something i would risk. Car looks good.

even if it does im not too bothered as the VE is going in soon, im confident no grains of sand are going through my mercedes actros fuel prefilter mesh ;)

cheers tommo, i just want these damn coilovers, thats all thats spoiling the look of it now, the height of it :lol:

took the plate surround out as it protruded out of the tailgate a little too much for my liking, after i took the surround out and rested the plate in the recess it seemed the best. just need to fill the holes in and im usually good at filling holes no matter what it is :lol:

Back
Top Bottom