My PH2 GTI

I thought i would give a small update from the Dastek installation.
I was originally thinking about selling the car, as im feeling that it needs a little TLC, but if im not going to sell it anytime soon, i thought id give it, the TLC it most deserves, here is a list of things

Still in the Pipeline>

> New Fuel Tank as previous one is leaking
>> New Rubber Hosing from Spout to accompny this
> Solidify The driver side Engine mount (or buy another poly)
> Rear Arches need some TLC
>>Possible that i may need to cut arches out
> Fix my heavy clutch (Spring on clutch pedal, Cable)
> Need some coilovers (So if anyone is selling at present, give me a shout)
> Drivers door is letting in moisture somewhere (Think its coming from the hole i made for cables)
> Replace Belts (I purchased genuine nissan belts 2 months ago, aint got round to fitting yet)
> Underseal Car + Arches
> Wet VAC interior
> Fix Alt whine from speakers

If i get all this done, Id be very happy lol

Its been a while since i have looked at this thread, let alone give it an update, so here we go.

From my last update, the most major thing i have done, is on sat there, i changed the tank on the car. The new one got welded up, and sealed with Tetroseal. Also undersealed underneath the car, and all the arches.

I have planned over the upcoming weeks to have my belts changed, as my alt belt has started screeching a little, so this is top priority.
Also in the pipeline to get the car up to scratch is to fix my wee oil leak, from the oil pressure switch

STILL ON THE LOOKOUT FOR COILOVERS.. If anyone has any available (<£500 quid lol), dont hav that kind of money at the min unfort

yeahhhhhhh good choice boi.

my alternator belt started slipping recently too, the tensioner needed tightening up a tad.
d boi

Yeah, i aint looked at mine from i got the car.. 3 years aint bad going lol Getting her mint bai... So maybe get the car back to "Standard", buy a run around, Slam the GTi, and use it at weekends :-)

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Datsun, i know of a set of coil-overs going for around 350..

Interesting.. tell me more :-)

Its been a while, from i have updated by datsun thread. Reason for this, is because my datsun has been sitting on its own for a while :'-(

ANYWAY, i have acknowledged this, so this is what is next in line..

Weather permitting i am going to clean the fuk out of this car on thurs, she gona get snow foamed, polished and waxed, also the interior is going to get cleaned - as it smells of fuel (because i had a blocked tank filter)

Anway lie of the land - not a lot has changed. I have fitted the new tank, and cleaned the tank filter as this was blocked, and causing some hesitation. Also a driver side poly mount has been purchased - awaiting arrival. I am STILL on lookout for coilovers, possibly joining GB to get a set. Alt belt and PAS belt, still lying in the boot (Genuine nissan), so need to get these sorted, as alt belt is giving a screech the odd time.

I Have made an investment in lots of good car cleaning stuff, so the datsun is going to become my little project cleaning car :-)

This is after i get my front bumper touched up (AGAIN) lol

Besides this, there is not a terrible lot i can say, only watch this thread. I will upload some images of the datsun on thurs (Weather Permiting)

As hoped for. Weather in NI wasnt too bad, so i took it upon myself, and cleaned the datsun, inside and out.

Example of the filth

17032011246-1.jpg

The exterior firstly got snow formed, hand washed, then hand dried.

17032011250.jpg

17032011255.jpg

Once this was complete, the i gave the car a coat of Auto Glym Paint Renovator, using a compressor, and polisher attachment, then it got a coat of Poor Boys Polish and sealant, and then to complete the trio, i then sealed this, with Navi Wax, which was put on by hand. Wheels were done using Autobrite Snow Form, karcher brush, and then power hosed. Rim of the tyre was given the wet look, using pure silicone brushed on (not my first choice, but it works very well, providing your careful).

Also, went round the car with Paint Renovator, and removed "most" of the Tar that was stuck to the body work

17032011259.jpg

17032011272.jpg

17032011271.jpg

17032011263.jpg

17032011264.jpg

The interior was completly and utterly disgusting. I hoovered out the interior, then, using Auto glym interior shampoo i cleaned the mats and carpets.

As i was feeling in the clean and anal mood, i also cleaned and hoovered by boot, and secured my sub to my Amp Rack (not very neatly done, but it works lol). I also took the driver side door card of, and resealed (using cling film) the side of the door, to try and stop moisture getting in.

Just to add, i also got some bad news :-( when powerhosing the front bumper, there was some paint flaking of, and when i hit it when the powerhose, a large chunk of paint came of. Luckily i was planning on re-spraying the front bumper anyway, so its not all that bad.

I could have did a better job, if i had have had the patients to keep letting the compressor fill up, but unfortunately im not a patient person.

Attachments

• Wheels1.jpg
    Wheels1.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 20
  • SnowFoam2.jpg
    SnowFoam2.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Reflection.jpg
    Reflection.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Reflection2.jpg
    Reflection2.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Polished1.jpg
    Polished1.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 20
  • BeforeCleaning2.jpg
    BeforeCleaning2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 16
  • SnowFoam1.jpg
    SnowFoam1.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 19
  • BeforeCleaning1.jpg
    BeforeCleaning1.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 17
  • CleaningProducts.jpg
    CleaningProducts.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 23
  • BeforeCleaning.jpg
    BeforeCleaning.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
  • AfterCleaning2.jpg
    AfterCleaning2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 21
Cant get onto photobucket in work :-( Attachments will have to do unfortunately + because i have to add as attachments. photos have lost quality :-( ill try and get them up properly tonight. Call this a "Sneek Peek" of what to come

Cheers guys. Im happy with the results. Will be trying out more polishes out when i get paid

News Update:

Purchased myself a VZR Grill + Centre Console With Lid

Back
Top Bottom