My PH2 GTI

lol, you have a cheek, your car is always minging inside, need to brush your feet before you get out of it lol! its that dirty i had to wear a boiler suit one day inc marigolds haha

looking well though, needs coilvers.....bad!

Cheeky wee shite lol.. Car is spotless inside and out.. and it smells good

17032011283.jpg

17032011282.jpg

My to do list so far

Tonight, i managed to get my Centre console with lid fitted tonight :-) love it lol
Also got my driver side poly mount fitted yay. Gear changes seem nice, and some good vibrations. The gf loves it lol
Anyway, from a technical point of view, i also got the alt belt fitted, attempted the power steering, but didnt have a clue how to do it lol, so any advice is good advice on this lol

take off the alt belt, and undo the threaded adjuster on the powersteering pump that looks the same as the one on the alternator, change belt, tighten up, put alt belt back on and tighten it up. job done :)

Yeah that belt is one job id pay a garage to do. Access does not exist. It took me half an houe just to tighten the belt...

That belt really was a cunt to work at. Need to be a gynaecologist to change it. We almost had it but there is too much around the tensioner that gets in the way to stop you swinging a spanyard or mouseshit

I led ontop of the car with one arm contorted through and someone else underneath repositioned the spanner every time I managed to turn it.

I led ontop of the car with one arm contorted through and someone else underneath repositioned the spanner every time I managed to turn it.

Yea we were the same. Actually used a 1/4 inch ratchet and 12mm socket on it. Was lucky as once the socket went onto the tensioner bolt the brake pipe put pressure against the ratchet and held the socket in place.

Pivot bolt down below was a pain in the ass too to loosen and tighten

skinny wrists and a ratchet spanner with a swivel head on it, i found it pretty easy

before the ratchet spanner it was a cnut

Finally got round to fitting meister-r's. My only real concern with them is that the rears do not go down far enuff lol. Other than that I'm delighted with them. Very comfortable and they look great.

Here are a few snaps.

Arch before

c7a94156.jpg

After pictures

f3b7fe1f.jpg

0c0b4042.jpg

5c07e7fa.jpg

13d995b0.jpg

688cc69e.jpg

And one for luck wit myself and hardc0res motor

7469168a.jpg

I think I might see about getting new bottom mounts for the rears to get her down a but more. The front had another 10mm or so left that I may use up sometime in next few weeks after my not lol

Back
Top Bottom