My PH2 GTI

Another pic that I think u all shud see. Max power babes watch out u have competition

28b6c8d9.jpg

Next on my list of things to do.

The Dreaded MOT is up in a couple of weeks, so while im of for easter, im gona get the datsun minted up and thru MOT

- Radiator has landed in belfast, so this is ONE of my priorities to get fitted and flushed out
- Need to replace drop links, as the rubber has started to crack
- My Dreaded Fuel leak is still with me.. Coming from the spout, so have another 1 there to get welded up
- Need to re-under seal the rest of the car
- Re-Seal my Oil Sump + Oil Pressure switch

Others on my list, that are non MOT-able is

- Paint Rocker cover, and clean up the engine bay a little more
- Paint my Anti Roll bar and my wish bones to freshen the underneath up a little, and remove some rust
- Getting my VZR Grill back soon, and hope to get my Bumper re-sprayed

So this is about it (for now)- Watch this space x

OK. Car is finally in the garage, on axel stands and the work has begun for the dreaded MOT.
Last night, myself and hardc0re, despite starting at about 930 last night, got a good bit done.

so what is done?

- radiator has been changed over (last week)
- Managed to get the drop links changed
- Pulled of Sump to get it re-sealed
- Pulled out the Oil pressure switch to get this sealed up

Next in line

- Put Sump and oil pressure switch back together again
- Re-Seal under the car (Going into the nooks and crannies)
- check over brakes and ABS cable to see if i can find the root of my ABS light problem
- Install new clocks when they arrive

I also going to Steam clean the back of my engine, cus she is oily as fcuk

Other News:

VZR Grill is painted and installed
Coilovers are in ,and bottomed out

Car looks and rides reli well, im happy with it (Happier with another years MOT lol)

haha. Thats hardcores car.. Mine on the other hand.. gets alot more polish and wax than his would ever see lol

although.. I hope u dont mean the car in the background (Without Black Wheels lol)

Wee update.

Datsun is nearly ready for the mot. Drop links done, oil leak from sump and oil pressure switch fixed, oil filter and oil changed , but also. ... Figured out what the problem was with
My abs. Long story short, had to replace cable from the sensor right up to the connector in the engine bay also by passing the connector block as the copper cable had corroded real bad.

f281fbc1.jpg

Sump of

b727e60d.jpg

Also got my fuel leak fixed. The spout was actually only being held together by the rubber coating. Was rusted to shit. But new one all welded up and fitted. Never been do pleased to hear the wee "hissss" on opening the petrol cap lol

Anyway only thing now is to get the arches under sealed and switch over my clocks .... Then good to go

X

After all my hard work the car ........... Passed mot with flying colours. MOT man commented on how tidy the car was underneath and said it's not like almeras to look like that as they rust away. Anyway now that I can relax I'm gonna start cleaning and polishing it again. Here is the first image if the car since I put the Vzr grill on it

82d4f9b2.jpg

There will be more to follow

Thought id throw up a small update on debbie.

Now that she has sailed the MOT im now going to concentrate on cleaning her up (Cus she is a dirty bitch) - I have some spare time on friday night, + most of the day sat, which is an unusual occurance, so here is the plans. Bumper is coming of, and im going to paint my horns (as ya can see the rusty look through the VZR Grill), purchased some poundworld matt black last night (which co-incendently isnt too bad!) lol.. Also going to get the engine bay tidyed up. This includes spraying my rocker cover + inlet plenum. Might also see about painting few other bits and pieces behind the front bumper. Id also like to get the back bumper of, and clean in behind it

On doing this, i want to get the datsun spring cleaned. Going to give her a wash (AutoBrite SnowFoam, Maguires Car Wash), then a polish (Probably going to be with Maguires polish) then give it a wax with Navi Wax

I will take some snaps to follow this up.

Other than this, there is very little to report. Car running very well :-)

That will certainly brighten up your bay! Are you doing the inlet the same colour? What paint did you use in the end?

Yea prob will do the inlet the same colour. GOna put the rocker on, and see what it looks like. If it looks shite, illl just re-paint the spare one lol. I got the paint from halfords. Red Metalic very high temp stuff. It leaves a surprisingly good finish and drys reli well

Back
Top Bottom