My Rides :)

lol, it bottoms out too easily cos you bought too soft cooilovers and put them uber low :P

but i see your point if you're taking people a lot.

why not buy some cheap std suspension or lowering springs, standard exhaust and have it a bit more comfortable and quiet til summer?

lol, it bottoms out too easily cos you bought too soft cooilovers and put them uber low :P

but i see your point if you're taking people a lot.

why not buy some cheap std suspension or lowering springs, standard exhaust and have it a bit more comfortable and quiet til summer?

Wont standard springs/or standard shocks etc bottom out even quicker then a set of relatively hard coilovers. Might be compft driving slow but if you go round a corner hello bumpstop hello body roll with 5 people in the car :lol:

I think raise coilovers a tad and get some 15's with 205/50/15 rubbers. I would't personally put anything bigger then 15's on an almera

Dude,

You dont need cams, bucket seats, coilovers, fancy wheels or a big exhaust on a car for it to be enjoyable to drive.

Grandad is only rocking a standard SR, GTi interior & wheels with no other mods, and it makes me smile everytime I drive it. Dont get rid, you WILL regret it dude. If needs be, sell the more valuable bit to raise some cash and then just leave it parked up thru the winter till summer, then tax/insurance for 6 months and your away!

Im pretty sure I damage mine in some way everytime I drive it, damaged it earlier for sure reversing into a driveway.

Dude,

You dont need cams, bucket seats, coilovers, fancy wheels or a big exhaust on a car for it to be enjoyable to drive.

Grandad is only rocking a standard SR, GTi interior & wheels with no other mods, and it makes me smile everytime I drive it. Dont get rid, you WILL regret it dude. If needs be, sell the more valuable bit to raise some cash and then just leave it parked up thru the winter till summer, then tax/insurance for 6 months and your away!

Exactly Liam, it doesnt need to be a track car to be a good car!

its hardly a track car anyway, none of the mods i see causing any problem apart from maybe a noisy exhaust.

raise the coilys, bung the exhaust, the sti seats are hardly rigid race buckets, and it's a mid 90s almera - stop worrying about the odd scuff or knock.

i do a minimum of 100miles a week at the minute and thats in a tin can n14, with 12.5:1 c/r, heavy clutch, sensitive as fuck throttle thanks to lightened fly and pulleys and compression, stripped, noisy as fuck, coilovers of like 9/7kg springs minimum and requiring a few litres of xylene every tank. I'm not tryna willy wave just sayin if i can put up with that shite, yours is like a Rolls.

You'll regret selling mate, keep it bung the exhaust, be happy

I'm loving having stock suspension.... just want a gti back box and il keep this moral until the mot runs out then get a new mera and a daily.... then put the mods on to the new mera

well its been a long time coming but here it is...

time for an update...

Well... the car was broken down, all modifications were taken off of it... coilovers, exhaust, sti seats, 16" wheels, fpr, magenecore leads, and a few other bits and bobs...

untill she looked a bit like this:

IMAG0003-1.jpg

IMAG0004-1.jpg

then there was a little mishap and some one drove in to my mera :(

thanks to spook... changed the door over and pulled the wing kinda back in to shape... will need a replacement at some point...

IMAG0022.jpg

i then lost all faith in the mera so i went out and bought my daily... golf GT TDi

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

then the almera just sat on the drive looking sorry for its self....

IMAG0104.jpg

so i decided to get it back on the road... and get it round a few tracks :)

so the strippage began!

i got all the interior out... thanks to spook...

IMAG0106.jpg

put the exhaust back on... :) mmmm sounds good!!!

and started fitting the coilovers on... but it got too cold and dark... so i couldnt be arsed :)

so 1 is fitted! :)

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

got some plans for this now... so watch this space... i plan on working quickly... only trouble is that i only get 1 day off a week :)

it is black just covered in orange film :)

going to be needing a few things soon tho...

GTI brake callipers (front... mine have ceased and the sliders are pitted... and nasty)
whiteline rear ARB...
polly bushes all round...
harnesses 3 point maybe 4...
15" light weight alloys... not too sure what i want yet...

in the pipeline..
Bucket seats (getting them off of Girv)
quite a few cans of satin black paint :)
and some wire tucking :)

Looking good buddy. Can't really take all the credit for the strippage. Wasn't exactly on top form today but once we got going it didn't take too long. Love 90's Jap cars for coming apart! Like Lego! Looking forward to the next stage of track prep.

Back
Top Bottom