My Rides :)

It will all be cleaned up.and decreased before the mot... its not for 2 weeks yet

And this gb is taking its time and I don't know when I'm going to get these yellowstuffs:turned:

Told u I'm toneing down the Orange.... rear brakes going black... so its just going to be a few Orange stickers and engine bay... not ott any more :)

Shes nearly ready to be back on the road...

Sorted out the lack of a horn... thanks to steve55 thread ;)

breaks need to be re-blead... but a big thanks to spook...

Going to try and get her MOT'd by the end of the month... then just have to sort out the TAX for the beginning of April... as the insurance starts on the 1st.

Then its just the welding and the MOT to sort out....

Sounds so evil... its unbelievable... soooo loud inside... going to need earplugs!!!

Then its just a case of fitting the passenger seat and harness and i have a road going race car :)

After seeing Hally's matt black 2 slat... I may as well do the same, as the the front bumper and skirts are matt back... and there is a dirty great big scratch down it!!

Just so looking forward to driving it!

Not too long to go now!

IMAG0195.jpg

Well got bored... so I continued stripping and took the stereo out...

Looked naff with Gaping hole... so I had a banking plate free... so I stuck a gauge in it...

Il get it working as soon as its mot'd as I need stus help with the sandwich plate....

And need a gauge holder as got 3 to fit. And its soon to be 4

Just dropped the mera off to be mot'd its all in spook hand now for the welding and test...

Can't wait to get it back... forgot how quick it was... straight up to a ton 20

Bring on the trackdays and strip runs :)

Cut out the rust in the sills and made up a plate that's tacked in at the moment.

The rust hole I had to cut out.
3e8cdaaa.jpg

Notice that the end of the sill is missing as well so the first patch will be on the wheel arch and a second one will be put on to finish the sill off. More pics to come.

Great stuff, Miriam's gone there but much much worse, through every layer of metal I think. Connor's SRi was similar.

No worries buddy. She's in the oven over lunch to bake off the sealer and then coming out for a nice new coat of stonechip under the arches. Been a little more involved than I had originally expected but I've got nothing else on today so it's been good to be able to concentrate on getting it right for you. Should be on the MOT bay for 3 o'clock (if a tester is free). I love it when a plan comes together!:tank:

Sweet mate... really glad u have been able to help me out...

So looking forward to driving it again...

Need to get some ear defenders... :)

It's LOUD!!!

All finished and waiting for a test. Th hole in the top of the inner wheel arch was a touch worse than I had expected but it's all good now

Arch and sill finished. The ayinechip is still wet there so it's a bluey colour but will dry matt black

b62e2e42.jpg

The inner arch hole all cleaned up ready for a patch

c346087d.jpg

The inner arch patch finished (again still wet there)

8e108d05.jpg

The underside of that patch

19779814.jpg

It's all up to the tester now so we shall have to wait and
see what he says. Fingers crossed.

I actually quite like the idea of another member working on my car. Uploading pics as stuff happens is one way of keeping tabs :lol:

Wow Spook thats some tidy work ya did on the car! Id definitely prefer to have a member work on my car as well, trust them a little more if you knew they were passionate about Almera's (and cars in general) and dedicated to doing as good a job as possible! Congrats Rob, hope you enjoy it man :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom