N15 GTi Track Car

How do you find fuel econemy with these mods? I want to go with more power (put a Jperformance manifold on at the weekend) but i do 90 mile per day, so i dont want to go through too much more fuel... Unless I offset that with less weight, hmmmm :)

Fueling is fairly standard so it wouldn`t be too bad, especially with the reduced weight... I bet 35-40mpg on a run. I dont really care though mate ;)

You've done some amazing things with it Rowdy.

I hope to go down this route later this year/early next year, when I get her a daily driver.

Whats left of my PAS!.....just a fuel filter used as a tiny reservoir with a breather. The fluid lubes the rack and its important to let the system breath:

Picture113.jpg

Blanking plate where the belt driven water pump used to be:

Picture114.jpg

The Meziere electric water pump:

Picture115.jpg

I still run a thermostat but with a few holes drilled in it to help the system flow, keeping the pump happy. ( *EDIT* stat removed because it ran too hot. Fine now....must have been causing a resistance to flow )

The pump operates at the same rate all the time, where the stock pump operates faster at higher revs. Say i`ve been belting round a track and have to pit in with a hot engine, all of a sudded the engine is idling and the stock pump is barely ticking over........the electric pump on the other hand is pumping as fast as the stock pump would at 7000rpm. Cooling just when you want it. Longer coolant warm up times are the downside, this isn`t an issue on the track.

i sold my blanking plate i had made up when i sold the engine from my 2.0 micra.. :(

hows it feel at low speed?? really heavy? any judder or anything?

i sold my blanking plate i had made up when i sold the engine from my 2.0 micra.. :(

hows it feel at low speed?? really heavy? any judder or anything?

Isn`t really driven at low speed ie parking etc, but its feels like any other car without PAS. Not too heavy and no judder.

class car fella, top job.

quick question... your wheels, are they 7x16? ive got 7x16 rota grids for the R but not sure on what size tires to run, cheers

Once the engines is running most electric power is supplied from the alternator. The Battery is only really used to start the engine. I doubt the electric pump uses a great deal of power.

Went to Bruntingthorpe last weekend for a little blast. I hardly noticed i had no power steering, infact i prefered it.

Picture126.jpg

Took a little vid at the start of the day........the track was quiet and i was still warming up! Must have been a Porsche owners club track day there. Dont worry none managed to overtake me, and i embarrased quite a few. :cool: Car that most impressed me was a proper Ren Clio race car.

The second vid follows on from the first.

haha I thought that!

Nice vid Ian, wish the sound worked properly, wanted to hear what she sounded like! :D

Is Bruntingthorpe where that RAF Vulcan was being restored? the vids look familiar :confused:

B

haha I thought that!

Nice vid Ian, wish the sound worked properly, wanted to hear what she sounded like! :D

Is Bruntingthorpe where that RAF Vulcan was being restored? the vids look familiar :confused:

B

Isn`t the sound working?

Yes, its where the Vulcan was being restored.

wow for a second there i thought you rolled it in the 2nd vid bout half way thru.

hey nice one - bye bye poker lol

david

lol. Didn`t notice nearly rolling it!
Did you spot right at the start of the 1st vid the little green car that came off on the chicane?

Back
Top Bottom