N16 DCi-R

1900rpm in 6th gear, the turbo still spools very quickly and response is almost instant. After 2000rpm boost jumps to max of 18psi very rapidly.

[video=youtube;-u-ltJ5hRHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-ltJ5hRHI[/video]

Car looks awesome. How did you get your front end to actually look nice, instead of the cross membered grilly shit on the regular n16's? Looks baaang on!

Only issue I have with n16s is the rear lights, which seem a bit 'lippish'.

Cheers mate. All in the thread mate :) Also a dedicated thread in the cosmetics section with loads of pictures of the build process.

Yeah the rear lights arnt perfect, they could do with out the red edge round them but the phase 1 rears imo are better than the ph2s at least. No real alternative in the aftermarket either.

Before Japfest on Saturday I managed to detail the car and get those calipers lacquered, with a little decal addition too :).

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Photos from Japfest:

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Note the new banner :)
IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

lol look at the wheel tuck and camber caused by the slope :lol:
IMG_4253.jpg

I'm surprised this has'nt had a mag feature of some kind...

Reading Banzai this month I noticed a 'self write' feature, maybe give that a shot Ed?

Well cosmetics are there but that's not going to impress anyone. That and being a diesel I need to do a bit more to make it feature worthy. So having shed loads of power and torque should counteract the fact it's a diesel :) End of summer, if not then early 2011.

Thanks go to Stu for this great vid, cheers dude :)

[video=youtube;iBPWlaE7bdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPWlaE7bdc[/video]

Not nearly smokey enough when I put my foot down at the end!

Been a while now since I installed the uprated IC and pipes, and it wasnt until driving to Japfest that a weakness was uncovered. Popped a boost pipe right off the turbo. It happened again last Friday so thought I'd better sort it out. This is the fix:

Before. The silicone pipe popped off of Paul's reducer.

DSC01472.jpg

After. Hard 90 deg pipe with Mikalor clips and Viper Performance silicone.

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

Yup :) I don't think the silicone coped very well with the hot compressed air so softened too much thus slipped off, coupled with my standard jubilee clips too. Less expansion too from the shiny aluminium :)

It's more than show bi-tach :lol: The pipes with the IC does improve the engine's response and torque curve. I'd get black pipes if I could anyway. Can't wait for the remap though as it will put all this into good use then :D Then we'll see a very interesting N16 race ;)

Back
Top Bottom