N16 DCi-R

pretty boring vid, no speedo close-ups, but i'll post it anyway

[video=youtube;PTDrHI3nCZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTDrHI3nCZA[/video]

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

taken it of any sweet jumps?

You got like 3 feet of air that time.

Awesome Ed - just as I thought it would be with the hybrid turbo :) I can only hope my results are just as good, as you're right up there on my 1/4 mile time ! :lol:

Just beat your time you made with your supercharger. I expect on your return to it though you'll beat that again. Which is perfect, exactly what I wanted between our two N16s, a bit of a battle ;)

Nice one Ed. Car looks mint and goes like stink. Good to meet you the other day as well.

You too Ian. Sorry we didnt get a chance to chat some. The big delay at the start and my 'break down' meant I was trying to get as many runs in as possible (which only ended up being 7 anyway :s).

Full package.

Very impressive stuff Ed.

Yeah mate, so pleased about that now. But now it's even better as it seems understated for the speed of the car now :D Sleeper FTW!

taken it of any sweet jumps?

Sorry totally went over my head!

Top shelf :sailor:

I bet its rapido! Looks awesome too

One thing with rev limit though, I dont think you can go much beyond standard due to natural expansion rate when the mixture is combusted?
Found this for you which reckons it can be overcome http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=126059&page=56

Thanks for that Alan, very interesting read. An older 306 Dturbo modified can rev pretty high to like 6500rpm but that';s pretty unnatural and the guy did end up blowing up his turbo through heat lol. Amazed the block too it really. Another 500rpm on mine though would do me fine.

pretty boring vid, no speedo close-ups, but i'll post it anyway

Good point, I might get some as the 1/4 mile times I got really don't reflect how quick this car is now.

Well done Ed, glad it all come together. That's very impressive.:clap:

Long time coming mate :)

looks good mate... next time we are going for a blast.. hopefully the weather wont be so shit!! :)

Definitely, you'll love it.

Smashed it man!
Props

Thanks mate. On the list for yours now?? :lol:

Got this lot ordered now :). New pipes should flow a bit better along with a Forge intercooler. Forge custom make the brackets for your application ;). Going to the rolling road end of next week and hoping to break the magic 200. If I've got time I'm also doing something a bit special cosmetically too!

FMINT104UNI_04.jpg

Image155customeredit.jpg

boostpipeplanv2.jpg

haha Steve your car is a lot lighter than mine so you won't need many mods to beat me really! You just need a bit more torque fella :lol:

Cheers Harry, but nope not telling but I'll post pics when it's done ;)

Got this lot ordered now :). New pipes should flow a bit better along with a Forge intercooler. Forge custom make the brackets for your application ;). Going to the rolling road end of next week and hoping to break the magic 200. If I've got time I'm also doing something a bit special cosmetically too!

FMINT104UNI_04.jpg

Image155customeredit.jpg

boostpipeplanv2.jpg

I love dealing with people who actually know what they're doing. Good choice ed.

haha don't worry I'll give you both a chance to beat me early next year, but you've got until before my remap tweak :D

Shiny :) but more to the point this looks clear it's going to flow better comparing it directly to the ebay item.

Forge Motorsport Almera DCi Intercooler.
IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Hopefully getting the whole thing installed tomorrow morning :).

Back
Top Bottom