N16 DCi-R

Thanks Ross. I may end up just using polys on the rear and just buy an OEM mount for the front. Less vibration then (remember diesels throw themselves around more than petrols) but still good for shifting. Still would love to know I have the option if the fronts do match SR20 ones though.

Thanks Ross. I may end up just using polys on the rear and just buy an OEM mount for the front. Less vibration then (remember diesels throw themselves around more than petrols) but still good for shifting. Still would love to know I have the option if the fronts do match SR20 ones though.

front and rear mounts are torque mounts, they dont actually hold the engine up.

so front and rear poly's aint that bad for vibration

Reactions: edk
Not an issue Mike, as they're only for track anyway as they are much lighter than my Nissan Enkeis, and I dont want to eat into my street tyres.

:)

Base run

IMG_20100928_120954.jpg

1st Remap

IMG_20100928_142354.jpg

2nd Remap

[video=youtube;rDA6aW2yYDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDA6aW2yYDM[/video]

That's right folks the time has finally come, and the hybrid turbo is fitted and car remapped :shifty:

All been happening behind the scenes for the 2 months, with the order for the turbo placed a few weeks before JAE.

The turbo itself is by Turbo Technics and is the first of it's kind. They had to start from scratch as it's never been done to this model before. Housing machined out, cut back blades, larger compressor wheel, and stronger thrust bearings meaning a more reliable more efficient turbo.

Received the turbo on the 23rd September. I fitted it the following weekend. Took about 6 hours taking my time.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

hIMG_0131.jpg

Stock and hybrid outlets.
hybridoutletoldandnew.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Old turbo out.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Old turbo was fooked!
IMG_0172.jpg

EGT probe.
IMG_0169.jpg

Working into the night
IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

New turbo going in...
IMG_0177.jpg

In.
IMG_0185.jpg

Feeding the beast. Fully synth 5w40.
IMG_0193.jpg

Turbo primed, oil drain reconnected.
IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Now, on to the mapping. A trip up to RS Tuning on the 28th September meant an early start for it to be on the rollers for 10am.

ECU came out and Paul worked his magic. Initial map and straight away he got 175hp and 290lbft out of the engine!!! Impressive but that was only the start. Up from 1.4 to 1.5 bar and some more tweaks to the map and we're at 192.7bhp and 320lbft torque, with 160hp at the wheels. Seriously happy with the outcome :).

This is a conservative map because the engine is unkown. We also kept in Nissan's 'rev limiter' at 4400rpm as it could be there if the engine isnt safe to rev much higher. But it could actually be there for economy, we just don't know. So going to run like this for the next 6 months or so and see how it goes. It it remains reliable and doesnt go into the limp mode then it's probably safe to tweak it a bit more and raise the boost.

So watch this space as there's more to come ;) I'll leave you with dyno and a few noteable stats from it...

Over 150whp from 3000rpm to 4500rpm.
Over 300lbft from 2250rpm to 3250rpm
At peak power at 4200rpm it's 240lbft.
4500rpm seems to be where to shift and at that point it's 150whp (175hp), 210lbft.

It's also managing an average of 56 MPG on the motorways, and an average of 45 MPG around town + A roads.

Before and After
rstuningremap2010beforeafterbhptorque-h.jpg

Boost pressure (BAR) and wheel horse power (WHP).
rstuningremap2010boostwhp-h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom