N16 DCi-R

Wish i had the patience to make a funky sig like that, lol

Aw i feel sorry for you dude. But as it's nearly Christmas, here's a present...

Kingyavatar.jpg

Tis a monster aint it! But I know why, the engine is sooo heavy, and it rotates back several inches on the stock mount because of the torque. You can see it on the dyno.

Here's the QR25 Sentra SpecV's again, the same as the YD22 Almera's.

IMG_1442.jpg

Still a daily and I like as much comfort as possible considering I'm on firmer suspension. This should be a nice compromise.

-mobile phone post-

Reactions: IT
The build just gets better and better! This reminds me how much I need engine mounts for mine engine feels like a rocking horse right now!

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

I'm aware of that. It's pretty much solid rubber though and only on 50k. Also I might not run the poly all the time. I'll see how it is with vibrations. Diesels have more.

-mobile phone post-

...If you have a nice light petrol engine, sure.

doesnt matter.

the front and rear are solely torque mounts. they do no take any engine weight. they just hold it at the right angle and take the front and rear movement under load. the weight of the engine is carried by the side mounts.

I've sat in Stu's poly'd all round car, and the engine on idle is annoying as hell. A Diesel would be worse which I why I suspect vibrations even with just the front and rear. But we'll see, if the rear alone doesn't make it any worse then I'll think about a front one too :).

Fair enough Ross. I know that applies but I don't like loosing comfort in the car so I'll play it step by step. I and none of you have ever poly'd a Diesel so we can't say for sure can we?

I imagine the autech engine was rougher than a diseasel and with just front and rear mounts it was fine, you forget they are there after a while, they soften up too so everything is lessened

doesnt matter.

the front and rear are solely torque mounts. they do no take any engine weight. they just hold it at the right angle and take the front and rear movement under load. the weight of the engine is carried by the side mounts.

The front and rear carry engine weight with a YD22. It's very easy to see, just unbolt one and see how much it drops.

I'm interested to see how you get on Ed. Mine has enough axle tramp that something is touching. But it's a fine line between stopping the unwanted movement and making it shake like a road-roller.

Reactions: edk
Back
Top Bottom