N16 DCi-R

So need to get a full set of these fitted as the ride quality of mine needs to be tighter and definitely a must before the coilovers go on...

I can see the need for an EdK callout to assist with this mod? ;)

---
- Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

Heh sure thing Rich let me know when. Also I can hook anyone up with where I got these. Discounts to be had.

Heh sure thing Rich let me know when. Also I can hook anyone up with where I got these. Discounts to be had.

Defo wanna know where you got these from dude any discount is better the none. Plus be good to be 100% on which ones will fit the N16.

---
- Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Blew a boost pipe at the weekend! Been 8 months on and hadn't happened yet so not too bad. Smooth pipe was the cause so it eventually slipped off. Had to take bumper off and fix it at the side of the A1 :lol: done in ten minutes, and took it easy the rest of the way. Now all sorted, cleaned up and a bit of 40 grit sand paper later...

It's just given me reason to push forward plans to have welded section of boost pipe made.

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

Got my boost pipes welded up today at JD Modified in Basingstoke. They took the original Ali pipes and a bit more material from a straight pipe I had left over. Made a decent angle on the bottom piece going to the Intercooler which was causing clearance problems before, especially with the thickness of the silicone on top. Now, there is nothing touching :). Intercooler has been fixed properly in place now too.

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

The reason for all this is better flow, less expansion of silicone, more reliable (with more boost going in I don't want things popping!).

^that's right. The hoses pre-intercooler both have beads welded into them, held with Mikalor clamps. They ain't going anywhere. The hoses post-intercooler have masses of surface area, all roughed up, hairspray and Mikalor-type clamps. If they pop, I'll get them welded too but for now this is a big improvement all round.

This was done not just to prevent pipes popping.

Back
Top Bottom