N16 SR16VE

Who knows Ross as Rowdy fitted a P11 GT ECU to his car with no issues :/
So come to think of it he could be right!
If NATS is not ECU related on those it could open a new passage to even easier engine swaps!
Just chuck a P11 GT ECU on anything lol.
Joe

nah nats is DEFINATELY integrated into the ECU in gti's.

i tried it when i first done my engine swap.

however I now know how to remove nats from a nats 2.0 ECU ;)

nah nats is DEFINATELY integrated into the ECU in gti's.

i tried it when i first done my engine swap.

however I now know how to remove nats from a nats 2.0 ECU ;)
not sure about that one. I have never heard of bypassing NATS on a NATS V2 ECU. As far as im aware of early P10's had a separate box (V1). I think NATS is by passable on the early P11 and N15 GTi's as its not built into the ECU (V1 again) V2 is built into the ECU which can not be removed (that I know of)

edit
Well I was wrong it can be bypassed but its a hardware/software modification
http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/our-blog-new/69-nissan-micra-anti-theft-system-nats

nistro got a little ahead of himself with the news, what he should have wrote is it's cranking over, and that's about all it's doing just now :(, but tomorrow is another day

- sent from my android device, no iSheep here -

thanks guys but I'm just at the end of my tether with this bloody thing, the worst thing is I have 3 different pin outs for the ve ecu and none of them match each other or the ecu, plus someone who owned the actual ve service manual and posted some of it on the net stopped half way through at the end of the engine section so no use there, also those few who have put a 16ve into an n16 before me have paid a garage to do it so there useless for info. so i've spent the last 2 days trying to fugire this shit out and it isnt happening, and as I sold my scope a few years back I can't even scope the pins on the ecu to try and fathom what they are :(. if I make no progress today I'm going to buy a gti ecu and loom and run it on that until my financial situation improves, as I need to get this through an mot and on the road again

Good luck and don't give up like you told me during my painsaking sr20ve project swap.

Have you read my book?

circles-volume-one-paperback-it-seems-like-ive-been-here-before--24964.jpg

p.s

plus someone who owned the actual ve service manual and posted some of it on the net stopped half way through at the end of the engine section so no use there,

sorry not in english

http://www.neovvl.ru/SR16VE_SR16VE_N1_SR20VE_Service_Manual/?1

Good luck and don't give up like you told me during my painsaking sr20ve project swap.

Have you read my book

p.s

sorry not in english

http://www.neovvl.ru/SR16VE_SR16VE_N1_SR20VE_Service_Manual/?1

read the book, heh i wrote the epilog lol, and thanks, as you more than anyone else here knows what i'm going through.

thanks also for the link, but i already have that much of the manual, like i said above they stopped at page 80, half of the actual manual, and as the first 80 pages is just the engine info its of no use to me for my current problems:(

Keep at it Phil, you will get there I'm sure & it will be all the sweeter for all your effort!

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

thanks rich, i've gotten it singled down to the fact that the injectors aren't getting power so i've re-stripped the loom and i'll start tracing the wiring to find out if it's a connection problem, or if it's the ecu that's fooked, but i wont get back to it till monday as tomorrow is alc day :D

thanks rich, i've gotten it singled down to the fact that the injectors aren't getting power so i've re-stripped the loom and i'll start tracing the wiring to find out if it's a connection problem, or if it's the ecu that's fooked, but i wont get back to it till monday as tomorrow is alc day :D

Sunday is no rest day, ;) I'm hoping to get mine finished bar paint drying and mopping etc. Hope you never want to see an ecu again after this conversion?

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

There should be constant power to the injector. The injectors ground through the ECU to cause the injectors to fire/open. Have you got spark yet from the spark plugs?

yeah Darren that's the problem I'm having, as according to two of the pinout diagrams I have the injectors get power from the same switched live that turns on the ecu, this splits out to the coil on the dizzy, the two vvl solenoids and the injectors, except on my loom it seems to be that it only goes to the coil and the solenoids. yeah I've got spark, it's cranking, I've got all the warning lights on the dash, the fuel pump is priming, just no power to the injectors, i've also to decide which fuel line goes where as there is an fpr at both ends of the fuel rail, both with entries to the same side, but one is supply and one is return, but like I posted above I've got the loom all stripped back and I'll find out what's wrong on Monday as today is alc at the Scottish car show :)

Seems like you have the same last issue I had.
Your engine may have been sat around for a long time and parts may have died.

Here is how we got ours running.
Have you checked the below?

Okay.....

Fuel rail removed and cleaned
fuel filter cleaned
injectors checked
injector pulse checked
fuel tank empted cleaned and refilled with super unleaded
distributor checked cleaned
distributor cap checked cleaned
timing marks reset
timing set
spark plugs checked and cleaned
pulse sensor checked
ignition on
fuel running
spark firing

Car does not start- Fault down to injectors which were dead/ frozen

Injectors out stripped rebuilt

HKS F-CON PRO re wired
Loom checked and re wired
Distributor checked and rewired

CAR STARTS-YES....Idles like shit.

F-con set to base idle, all fine.

as there is an fpr at both ends of the fuel rail, both with entries to the same side, but one is supply and one is return,

The "FPR" on the left hand side of the rail (if you stand in front of it) is a fuel damper, the regulator is on the right hand side.

yeah Darren that's the problem I'm having, as according to two of the pinout diagrams I have the injectors get power from the same switched live that turns on the ecu, this splits out to the coil on the dizzy, the two vvl solenoids and the injectors, except on my loom it seems to be that it only goes to the coil and the solenoids.
ok for my loom
I had to put 3 relays in my car
ignition relay (turns ECU on as well as some if not all of the sensors)
ignition relay for the coil (same as above but with larger fuse as the coil needs about 30-40 amps)
ECCS relay

I also had to connect up a few wires separately as I rather connect it separately then wire up another 2 relays
Coolant blower ground for (rad fan) relay ECU to driver side front relay box (near fog light relay on a phase 2 but not sure on a phase 1) ground

fuel pump ground wire (from original N16 wiring loom)

the best thing to do is test for power at the injectors if there is no power then tap power from the vvl or dizzie. grab yourself a consult cable and then boot up ECUtalk on your laptop.

you should be able to test the injector signals working using this (disable fuel pump relay or fuse) turn on ignition and then blow through the MAF and on ECU talk the injector should show its pulsing. also you can test all your other sensors are working before you start it up and find out it runs like crap because this and that sensor is not connected or working. By using a consult cable you can make sure the rad fans are working once the ignition is on. (conzult) you can make sure the rad fan are working using this software.
I would always have a Nissan consult plugged in with ECUtalk with a project like this to start it as you can see what everything is doing and make sure everything is working. I did mine on a bench so it was easier

and as NOS Sunny GTi said it could be down to the injectors failing as well.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom