N16 SR16VE

Nice one Willie, that's some proper AOC shit right there.
Looking forward to a run in this now Phil ;-) Maybe when I come down for previously discussed items?
Good work mate, keep it up...

yep some proper old school good guy stuff right there!. and of course mate, you can even have a shot :). also i must apologise for the delay on stripping those parts but were nearly there :)

lol you guys are like 2 peas in a pod ... good purchases :)

Steve

with the time we've spent together doing his and my car, and the fact that we have many interests in common (not just cars) we've built up a good friendship very quickly, though i was still surprised at this purchase :yes: but like everything in life friendships are a 2 way thing so i'm a giver and not just a taker :eek::lol:

darren unfortunately not, a little problem with a lost key (the only one i had for the car) has this on hold, and getting dicked about by a locksmith isn't helping considering the mot is due in a couple of weeks :wall:

yeah I heard I thought you got it sorted. I seen the post in WAMT so though I might delete the post as I knew what was happening.
darren unfortunately not, a little problem with a lost key (the only one i had for the car) has this on hold, and getting dicked about by a locksmith isn't helping considering the mot is due in a couple of weeks :wall:

as long as you can get in the car you can work around the locks. just hot wire it :)

sory mate i never realised you had deleted the post as i just clicked through the notification email and hit post reply, yeah i know i could hotwire it to get the ignition on, but the only way to get the steering lock off without the key is to damage the ignition barrel/steering lock beyond repair so it's a help in one way but not another. supposedly i will have my new key before end of business tomorrow but i wont believe that till i have it in my hand. i tell you one thing once i have it and i know it works i'm going straight to another locksmith and getting another two copies made, and i'll leave my keys with no one else ever again lol

Lol. I'm just surprised as they can't cut a key off a number lol. I managed to get a key cut from a blank and it worked first time also had to get the key number. Unless you have a worn lock it ignition barrel that is causing the issue.

Lol. I'm just surprised as they can't cut a key off a number lol. I managed to get a key cut from a blank and it worked first time also had to get the key number. Unless you have a worn lock it ignition barrel that is causing the issue.

he cut the key the first time with the number from nissan, and you could make it work the drivers door lock by jiggling it a bit cause it's worn but it wouldn't turn the ignition, the passenger door or the bootlock, he says that nissan have probably given me the wrong number (which i've double checked and they haven't) or the number was stored incorrectly on the system, or when he accessed the system to get the key shape it gave him the wrong cut, or someone has changed all the locks on the car (which entails swapping the steering column) or any other bloody excuse for his uselessness. on the key he cut from the number 5 of the 8 pins are right but 3 are wrong. so i took one of the locks apart and gave him the actual pin numbers for the lock and also left the boot lock with him and he said he'd get it done asap, this was friday lunchtime, yet i'm still fookin waiting now and he's just closed for the day and still hasn't retunred my calls from this afternoon :mad:

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

well I finally have the key in my possession and it works the boot lock perfectly so it should turn the ignition also :shades: so tomorrow morning it's time to pull myself out the hole i've dug myself into and get back into auto electrician mode to get this beeaaattcchh of a project ready for its mot on the 7th of july. wish me luck lol

-- I'M ON MY MOOOOOBBBBIIILLLLLEEEEE!!!!! --

most likely not, heap of shit in my life atm (mostly caused by me) and the car hasn't been touched since I came back from the US, well apart from removing locks to get a key made, but who knows I might wake up tomorrow and go blitz it till it's finished, most likely wont though :/ but I am wanting it done by Scots mods, but again who knows

- I'M ON MY MOOOOOBBBBBIIIIILLLLEEEEE -

Scottish Modified pre-meet at Phils? :lol: This needs to be done boss... Just think of the satisfaction once its running. I know how it feels to lose the love for a french car, but trust me you'll love it once its back :)

thanks guys, but tbh I've not lost faith in the car or project, I've lost faith in getting out my bed to do anything, as all I seem to be doing when i go to do stuff is digging myself farther into a hole. but my luck has to change eventually.. . . right?

- I'M ON MY MOOOOOBBBBBIIIIILLLLEEEEE -

Back
Top Bottom