N16 SR16VE

thanks everyone, yes I'm delighted it's working, and yes its taken ages but tbh I only really started on the wiring last week, I am king procrastinator as nistro will tell you.

the only problem as posted earlier that the injectors were receiving no power, and as the ve loom is so completely different from the gti I ended up having to open up the complete ve engine loom and start tracing wires, but after I got the injectors their power it fired up first time.

I have loads of people to thank but firstly I want to thank nistro, for giving me the place to do the swap, giving me a hand to do the swap, giving me a kick up the arse when needed and making my radiator brackets :D

I'm off out there once I drop the dog back home to re-wrap the loom, tidy up everything then start on the exhaust, limiter vids soon Steven ;)

- sent from my android device, no iSheep here -

Fuck yeah! Bout time dude, well worth the wait. Now time for SR20 crank and rods, N1 cams and a nistune :lol:

thanks guys :shades:

unfortunately paul progress from here will be dependant on me getting some work, as although I have most of the bits for the front and rear brakes, poly bushes, coilovers etc I don't have everything. so for now it's just a case of getting it back on the road by putting it all back together and cobbling up an exhaust, but she will be completed at some point in the future :yes:

What exhaust set-up are you looking at dude ? I mean custom, mandrel, stainless, size, etc. ? I'm guessing 2.5" bore would suffice, flowing well w/out being stupidly loud ?

well for now it will be the back half of what's on Stevens old car mated to the eBay manifold with a gti cat in the middle for mot purposes, but when funds allow a full 2 1/2" mandrel bent custom job from the Guy in forres, I've seen the work he done on nistro's and its top notch imo, not too loud and not too quiet lol.

today was a bit of a royal pain in the arse with my spliced powersteering pipe deciding that my half assed splice was fail and in doing so spurting power steering fluid all over the engine bay and up the garage wall :o but that's fixed now, then it turns out that between taking the clutch slave cylinder off the 30 and bolting it to the 32 series box it died, so its a trip nice and early to the scrappy in the morning, mot tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck lol

Very cool build man.

Must have been a serious pain trying to find the issue and tracing all the wires to get her going.

thanks :) yeah it was a bit of a pain as I ended up having to strip near the whole engine loom, and that's a lot of plastic conduit and tape lol, and of course it would have been much easier if I'd done it before I put the engine in but at least its done now

the car is now fully rebuilt bar the exhaust, which I'll tackle tomorrow, and as such didn't make the mot today so barring a minor miracle crail is a no go on Sunday :(

im awaiting a replacement starter motor, the coil had a few parts missing on it so was sticking when i turned it over
so hopefully it will start fine

at least you know what the problem is now and it should be an easy fix, so you convoying down to jae with me and will :shades:

Back
Top Bottom